Fathers Day is always the third Sunday in June. Give Dad a little special treatment without paying a fortune with these Fathers Day freebies and deals in Wichita and nearby.
Some of these free events are actually on Saturday, so Dad can sleep in on Sunday while you make him a delicious breakfast. (Check out my recipe for Fathers Day Sausage Gravy.)
First – because it’s one of my favorite videos of all time and I’ll find any excuse to share it – here’s the Dad Life:
Ahaha! The dad rolling up to the splash park in his mini van. 🙂
Wichita Fathers Day events and deals
Here are some of our favorite activities and things to do for Fathers Day 2018 in or near Wichita:
- Start celebrating a little early with Dad in the great outdoors! If your family likes camping, Father’s Day would be a great time to do it. Kids camp free at participating KOA campgrounds on Fathers Day weekend.
2. The big annual Stearman Field Fly-In and Car Show is on Saturday, June 16 in Benton. It’s free to go and and watch the planes take off and land throughout the day. The car show is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; live music is from 11-2 and again from 8-midnight. If you get hungry, the Bar & Grill will be serving food and drinks inside, plus there will be a beer garden on the tarmac.
3. If Dad loves music, he’ll love the FREE concert at Andover’s new CapFed Amphitheater! Blues-rocker Kenny Wayne Shepherd will perform on Saturday, June 16, with special guest Quinn Sullivan. Or you could spring for VIP tickets, which are only $50 and include a meal, VIP parking, air conditioned restrooms, and a dedicated alcohol sales station so he doesn’t have to fight the crowds. That’s a great gift for fathers right there!
4. There’s also a Wingnuts Benefit Concert with Big & Rich on that Saturday. Tickets are $40 and available at area non-profit organizations.
5. The Friends of El Dorado Lake are throwing a mud run on Saturday, June 16 that a lot of dads are sure to enjoy! Tickets are $10 for ages 11 and up; kids 10 and under get in free.
6. The Kansas Aviation Museum is hosting a Play on a Plane family event on Saturday, June 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7. Twister City’s Day of the Dad is also on Saturday, June 16 with cold beer, food, entertainment, and card-making stations for the kids.
8. Celebrate Fathers Day at Old Cowtown Museum on Sunday, June 17 from noon until 5 p.m. Dads get in free…but so does everyone else because Cowtown is free on Sundays!
9. The Fathers Day Car Show at the Sedgwick County Zoo is an annual tradition. Dads are admitted free when accompanied by a paying child on June 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
10. Bartlett Arboretum is holding a Blues & BBQ Treehouse Concert on Sunday, June 17. Tickets are $10 each.
You knew we couldn’t keep it to just 10 deals for Fathers Day, right? Here are a few more that have come across the desk:
- Fathers Day BOGO tickets at INTRUST Arena Pick up a pair of tickets to Journey/Def Leppard or 311 and the Offspring between June 13 and June 17, 2018, and you’ll get one of them free. Tickets are here.
- Bonefish Grill Is Fathers Day brunch a thing? Bonefish Grill is making it one, serving brunch on Saturday and Sunday starting at 10 a.m. Also, if you buy a $50 gift card by June 17, you’ll get a $10 bonus card.
- La Hacienda Have a good Mexican dinner for Fathers Day and La Hacienda will treat Dad to a free dessert! This special is good at both locations (in Derby and in Wichita).
- Red Lobster Fathers Day gift card offer: For a limited time, purchase a RL gift card – in the restaurant or online – and get $10 off or a free appetizer on a future visit, July through September.
- Firehouse Subs Get a FREE medium sub on Fathers Day (June 17, 2018) with the purchase of a regular priced medium or large sub, chips, & drinks and with this coupon.
- JCPenney Towne West Fathers Day event will include a free car show, Sephora cologne samples, music, Kid Zone event & more! (June 16, 2018)
- Dad’s play FREE at Dart Warz Wichita on Fathers Day and a family of six can play for $40.
- Get Air Sports Dad’s jump FREE on Fathers Day with paid admission of a child on June 17, 2018.