Is it handmade? Secondhand? Covered with dust or restored with care? Those are the things we want to see for sale at the markets in this list. Here’s our updated list of 2018 barn sales, craft and art fairs, vintage and artisan markets, and flea/antique markets in the Wichita area.
Many of the local shopping events on our list have live music, food, and a fair-like atmosphere. They’re really fun! In addition to antiques or vintage finds, you’ll also likely find local handmade products and art. In almost all cases, you can interact directly with the artist, maker, or finder of the items.
2018 Spring Markets
- March 11, 2018 Kansas Gift and Craft Expo 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at 619 Rogers, Abilene, Kansas 67410.
- March 24, 2018 Harvey County Fair Spring Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Harvey County Fairgrounds in Newton, 800 E. 1st Street, Newton, KS 67114 Crafts, handmade, and vintage, with 50+ vendors.
- March 24-25, 2018 Vintage World Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Kansas State Fairgrounds, 2000 N. Poplar St., Hutchinson, KS 67052. Vintage and refurbished furniture and decor, pallet crafts, art, clothing, food vendors and more.
- March 31, 2018 Girlfriends Wandering Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Century II, 225 W. Douglas, Wichita. Admission $5 (under 12 free).
- April 7 Keriel Dairy Barn Sale 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. 12434 NW Meadowlark, Whitewater, KS Arts, crafts, antiques, yummy lunch, and cupcakes. A fun family day on the farm.
- April 13-14, 2018 Kansas Mennonite Relief Sale Friday, 4-8:30 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the Kansas State Fairgrounds, 2000 N. Poplar St., Hutchinson, KS 67502. General, quilt, silent, and kids auctions, plants, fair trade and Kansas crafts, authentic Mennonite foods, kids activities, baked goods, bulk meat & cheese and more. All proceeds donated to Mennonite Central Committee, a world relief organization. Free parking and free admission.
- April 14-15, 2018 Belle Plaine Tulip Festival Vendor Fair and Vintage Market Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Belle Plaine, KS. (Inside vendors will be in the elementary school gym.) Admission to the tulip festival is a $3 button.
- April 14 Love Your Mother Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 431 S. Woodlawn Blvd. in Derby
- April 21, 2018 Vintage Villa Spring Barn Sale, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Douglass, KS Repurposed, vintage, cool treasures, and direct sales items to purchase. Live music, beer garden, and lots of vendors.
- April 22, 2018 Unique Antique Market, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sedgwick County Extension building, 7001 W. 21st St. N., Wichita, KS 67205
- April 28, 2018 Canton Flea & Craft Market 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Coinciding with the Canton citywide garage sales, this indoor/outdoor market takes place on the McPherson County Fairgrounds and has FREE admission, food, live entertainment, and of course, treasure-hunting.
- April 28, 2018 Benton Days Marketplace 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Benton Church, 14300 SW 20th St., Benton, KS 67017. Crafts, baked goods, vintage, direct sales vendors.
- April 28, 2018 Blue Sky Ranch Spring Market 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Proceeds go toward the mission of helping young men 14-19 without fathers. They’ll also have a car show, live band, and offer horseback rides during the market. 8830 S. Hydraulic St.
- April 28, 2018 Spring Vintage Market: Reitz & Rust 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Abilene Fairgrounds, 619 Rogers, Abilene, KS 67410. Vintage, rustic, farmhouse, jewelry, trendy clothes, seasonal and everyday home decor, furniture, metal art, lawn & garden, floral, food trucks, music, and more. $4 admission.
- May 4-6, 2018 Vintage Market Days Friday 10-5, Sat. 10-5, Sunday 10-4, at Hartman Arena, 8151 N. Hartman Arena Dr., Park City, Kansas Architectural salvage, repurposed finds, jewelry/clothing, live music, and food trucks. Admission is $10 Friday and includes re-entry all weekend; $5 admission Saturday/Sunday. Children 12 and younger get in free Saturday and Sunday.
- May 5 Pots ‘n’ Pedals Spring Festival in Sterling KS 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. In addition to vendors, they’ll have inflatables, flower pot painting, a kids’ tractor pull, and more.
- May 6 13th Annual World Bazaar 12-6 p.m. The Islamic Society of Wichita’s vendor fair with food, clothing, jewelry, henna gifts, crafts, and kids’ fun, held in the gymnasium at the Islamic Society building at 6655 E. 34th North in Wichita.
- May 19 Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Sterling, KS. $2 admission; kids 12 and under free. Juried show featuring top vendors in vintage, antique, home decor, jewelry, and handcrafted items. Strawberry-picking in the orchard, live music, entertainment, and food vendors.
- May 19, 2018 Buhler Spring Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Albert Becker Park in Buhler, KS 67523 (Buhler Rd. and Ave. B)
- May 19, 2018 Lakeside Grand Opening Barn Bazaar 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 155 N. Plum, Inman, KS 67546. Shopping from over 50 vendors, car show, DJ, craft beer, food trucks and raffle prizes. Part of the proceeds go to two local charities. Free admission.
- May 26, 2018 Junk in the Trunk Outdoor Flea Market 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at WATC, 4004 N. Webb Rd. FREE to shop.
2018 Summer Markets
- June 2, 2018 Outdoor Vintage Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Vintage Rhinestone, 135 N. Oliver in Kechi, KS. Antiques, repurposed finds, primitives, and handmade items. No direct sales items.
- June 16, 2018 Gertie’s Lavender Festival and Craft Show 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 8101 South Rayl Road, Burrton, KS 67020. Pick your own lavender, vendor booths, musical entertainment, yoga, massage, and more. $5 admission; children under 12 are free.
- July 14, 2018 Kansas Wheat Festival Arts & Crafts Show and Sale, Wellington, Kansas
- July 21, 2018 Christmas in July 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at River Church, 1100 E. Grand, Haysville, KS. Craft and vendor event.
- July 28, 2018 Christmas in July 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Celebration Center & Bar K Arena, 1145 East Highway 56, Lyons, Kansas 67554
- August 3-5, 2018 Midwest Junkfest 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Stone Hill Barn, 9333 SW Haverhill Rd, Augusta, KS 67010. Old and new treasures.
- August 4, 2018 Market at the Park 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Athletic Park, Newton, KS. Billed as Newton’s biggest vintage market; runs the same weekend as the Harvey County Fair and attracts vendors and shoppers from around the state. Vintage, handmade, direct sales vendors.
2018 Fall Markets
- Third Saturday in September (Sept. 15) – Hillsboro Arts and Crafts Fair 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at S. Main and E. Grand in Hillsboro, KS 67063 Nationally recognized arts & crafts fair that covers a six-block area in Hillsboro, which is less than an hour north of Wichita, near Marion Reservoir. Free admission. More info. Thanks, Darline!
- September 22, 2018 Blue Truck Vintage Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 8217 N. Worthington Road, Buhler, KS 67522. 50 vendors of vintage and handmade. Great food and music in a friendly atmosphere.
- October 6 Kansas Barn Sale 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Lakeside Park in McPherson, Kansas
Kansas Barn Sale was the first of its kind in the state and was featured in Country Living Magazine as one of the 7 Must See shows in the country! It’s a fun show, $5 per person; kids 12 and younger get in free.
(Also, be sure to check out our schedule of fall and holiday craft shows in and around Wichita.)
Have a craft fair or vintage market I should add? Tell me about it in the comments area below this post! Please remember to include: Name of event, date, location with address, cost of admission, what kind of market – craft, antique, etc.
Ongoing Wichita Markets
- The Workroom’s Outdoor Artisan Market 150 N. Cleveland, Wichita, KS 2nd Saturday of most months, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food trucks, great local live music, and shopping from a wide selection of local artisan and crafters’ goods.
- Farmers Markets in Wichita Weekly markets in the Wichita area with local produce, handmade goods, and often include live entertainment.
- Paramount Antique Markets Monthly markets at three different locations in Wichita.
- All The Pretty Things A local artisan outdoor market in Derby held the 4th Saturday of the month, March through October. Open 10-3.
- Flea Markets in the Wichita Area
Flea Markets in the Wichita Area
Village Flea Market
2301 South Meridian, Wichita, KS Open every weekend. Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sundays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Every Second Saturday $20 daily booth rentals. vfmwichita.com
Haysville Hometown Market Flea Market
Haysville Historic Park, 200 block of S. Main This is both a farmers market and a flea market. Saturday mornings, 8-11 a.m., mid-June through mid-September.
PAAK Ratz Flea Market
415 E 61st Street N., Park City Ks 67219 (316) 285-9108 Monthly flea markets with food, music, and more. Over 80 vendor booths.
Paramount Outdoor Vintage Flea Markets
Paramount has three locations in Wichita, each with monthly outdoor vintage flea markets dates from April through October. Link above has all the info.
Mid-America Flea Market
Kansas State Fair grounds, 2000 N. Poplar, Hutchinson, Kansas 67502 Huge monthly flea market in Hutchinson. Admission is $1; kids 12 and younger free. (They used to hold flea markets at the Kansas Coliseum as well as in Hutchinson, but now they’re searching for a new Wichita location.)
Wichita, KS 67205