Here’s the updated list of 2017 vintage and artisan markets, craft fairs, barn sales, and flea/antique markets in the Wichita area. Is it handmade? Secondhand? Covered with dust or restored with care? Those are the things we want to see for sale at the markets in this list.
Many of the local shopping events on our list have live music, food, and a fair-like atmosphere. They’re really fun! In addition to antiques or vintage finds, you’ll also likely find local handmade products and art. In almost all cases, you can interact directly with the artist, maker, or finder of the items.
Ongoing Wichita Markets
- The Workroom’s Outdoor Artisan Market 150 N. Cleveland, Wichita, KS 2nd Saturday of most months, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food trucks, great local live music, and shopping from a wide selection of local artisan and crafters’ goods.
- Farmers Markets in Wichita Weekly markets in the Wichita area with local produce, handmade goods, and often include live entertainment.
- Paramount Antique Markets Monthly markets at three different locations in Wichita.
- Flea Markets in the Wichita Area
- March 11 Market at the Donovan Vendor Event 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 9932 S.W. Eugene Rd., Augusta, KS 67010. Direct sales, arts and crafts, jewelry, fashion, foods, candles, accessories.
- April 1 Keriel Dairy Barn Sale 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. 12434 NW Meadowlark, Whitewater, KS Arts, crafts, antiques, yummy lunch, and cupcakes. A fun family day on the farm.
- April 2 Unique Antique Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sedgwick County Extension Center, 7001 W. 21st Street N., Wichita, Kansas Vintage jewelry, funky junk, antique furniture, vintage clothing, home and garden decor, scarves, old books, and seasonal decor. FREE admission.
- April 15 Market at the Donovan Vendor Event 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 9932 S.W. Eugene Rd., Augusta, KS 67010. Direct sales, arts and crafts, jewelry, fashion, foods, candles, accessories.
- April 22 Porter Street Artists and Friends 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. 941 N. Porter Ave. in Wichita. Several artists living on the same street decided to hold a neighborhood shopping event. Handmade art for sale by local artists. Go from house to house and yard to yard. Really nice items for sale directly from the artists.
- April 22-23 Junkin’ Gypsy Warehouse Sale 111 S. Walnut in Peabody https://www.facebook.com/Peabodys-Junkin-Warehouse-Sale-288082174911288/
- April 29 Benton Days Marketplace 2017 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Benton Church, 14300 SW 20th St., Benton, Kansas https://www.facebook.com/bentondaysmarketplace/
- April 29 Old 54 Outdoor Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 508 SW 100th, Augusta, Kansas (7 miles east of Augusta on Hwy 54) http://www.old54market.com/
- May 5-7 Vintage Market Days Friday 10-5, Sat. 10-5, Sunday 10-4, at Hartman Arena, 8151 N. Hartman Arena Dr., Park City, Kansas Architectural salvage, repurposed finds, jewelry/clothing, live music, and food trucks. Admission is $10 Friday; $5 admission Saturday/Sunday
- May 6 Cox Farm Wichita Vendor & Craft Fair 9 a.m. to noon at 6059 S. Seneca Street in Wichita. FREE hayrides and cow train available from 11-2. Produce deals in the store and Bonnie’s plants for sale. https://www.facebook.com/events/1697023180597750/
- May 6 New and Vintage Treasure Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 208 N. Washington Ave., Wellington, Kansas Indoor and outdoor event in historic downtown Wellington, Kansas. Crafters, junkers, vendors, and businesses of all kinds are welcome. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newandvintagemarkets/
- May 20 Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Sterling, KS. $2 admission; kids 12 and under free. Juried show featuring top vendors in vintage, antique, home decor, jewelry, and handcrafted items. Strawberry-picking in the orchard, live music, entertainment, and food vendors. www.tenthstreetorchard.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/168454623636614/
- June 3 The Vintage Rhinestone Outdoor Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 135 N Oliver (Behind Karg Art Glass), Kechi, KS 67067 (316) 258-4748 Repurposed items, rusty junk, primitives, and cool one-of-a-kind finds. Facebook.com/TheVintageRhinestone
- June 3 Vintage in the Valley 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Downtown Marquette, KS. A one-day juried vintage extravaganza, showcasing the best, most unique vendors and artists, with a selection of old and new items to make every customer happy. Live music, street food. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VintageinValley $3 admission
- June 10 Cox Farm Vendor & Craft Fair 9 a.m. to noon. 6059 S. Seneca Free hayrides and cow train from 11-2, produce deals, and shopping from vendor booths. Free admission.
- June 24 Girlfriends Wandering Market (aka Craftapalooza & Fabulous Vintage Market) $5 admission (under 12 free).
- June 24 Rusted Rooster Outdoor Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 837 N Andover Rd, Andover, Kansas 67002
- July 22 Rusted Rooster Outdoor Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 837 N Andover Rd, Andover, Kansas 67002
- August 5 Blood Orchard Vintage Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 6346 S. Broadway, Wichita, KS. Shop all things shabby-chic, vintage, handmade, homemade, and small business goods.
- August 5 Summer Country Market 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. K-State Research and Extension 7001 W 21st N, Wichita, Kansas 67205 Free admission
- August 5 Market in the Park 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. An outdoor market at Athletic Park in Newton during the Harvey County Fair. Vendor booths are only $20 and the deadline to register is July 1. If you didn’t make it or it’s not true vintage or antique then it’s not allowed. More information about the market is at https://www.facebook.com/events/364624297250513/
- August 19 Market at the Donovan 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 9932 SW Eugene Rd. in Augusta. Free admission. New vendors and items for sale each month.
- August 26 Rusted Rooster Outdoor Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 837 N Andover Rd, Andover, Kansas 67002
- August 26 Applejack Outdoor Market 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. 10007 SW Indianola Rd, Augusta, Kansas 67010 Free admission.
September 2 Blood Orchard Vintage Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 6346 S. Broadway, Wichita, KS. Shop all things shabby-chic, vintage, handmade, homemade, and small business goods.
September 9 Farm & Craft Market 8 a.m. to noon, 216 S. Main Street, Whitewater, KS 67154 Local farm produce, homemade food, craft and product vendors.
September 9 Country Bumpkins Barn Sale 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 11516 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67206
September 16 Hillsboro Arts and Crafts Fair 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at S. Main and E. Grand in Hillsboro, KS 67063 Nationally recognized arts & crafts fair that covers a six-block area in Hillsboro, which is less than an hour north of Wichita, near Marion Reservoir. Free admission. More info. Thanks, Darline!
September 22 and 23 Grand Opening at the Cottage Market‘s new location at 200 W. Main, Valley Center, KS 67147
September 23 Outdoor Antique Market at Junk in the Trunk Emporium from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 4535 E. 61st Street, Kechi, KS 67067
September 23 Makers Fair at Gathered Goods in Newton 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 625 N. Main St., Newton, KS 67114 Free admission. All items handmade or repurposed.
September 23 Rusted Rooster Outdoor Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 837 N Andover Rd, Andover, Kansas 67002
September 30 2017 Vintage Camper Show and Market 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Stone Barn Farm and Log Cabins in Dexter, 20438 K-15, Dexter, KS 67038. Super cute vintage campers, live music, cinnamon rolls, market, kids activities, and the authors of the Kansas Guidebook will be on hand signing books. Free admission!
September 30 Prairie Sun Outdoor Market 39925 West 39th St. S. in Cheney, Kansas. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vintage, craft, refurbished goods, local artists, and more. Free admission.
September 30 and October 1 Blue Sky Ranch Fall Market 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday; 1-6 p.m. on Sunday. Vendors and crafters, plus hamburgers and hotdogs for sale at this outdoor market, which is a fundraiser for the ranch, which offers equine thereapy. 8830 S. Hydraulic Street, Haysville, KS 67060. (Corner of 87th Street South and Hydraulic.
October 7 2017 Collingwood Barn Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 22002 S. Partridge Rd., Pretty Prairie, KS 67570 Admission is $3 per person.
October 7 Kansas Barn Sale Hesston, KS Exact location will be announced at http://kansasbarnsale.blogspot.com/ $5 per person admission benefits Youth Horizons and ICT SOS. Children 12 and younger free. Featured in Country Living Magazine as one of the top seven outdoor markets to visit.
October 7 Hesston Fall Festival Open Market 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Emma Creeks Antiques, 100 N. Main St. Hesston, KS 67062 Shopping, live music, and many fall festival activities in addition to the Outdoor Market.
October 14 Hillside Christian Church Marketplace Bazaar 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 8330 E Douglas St., Wichita, Kansas. $2.00 admission; free for kids 12 and under.
October 14 Vintage Marketplace at Rose Hill Fall Fest 1-5 p.m. Shorty Cox Park in Rose Hill, KS Lovely antiques, handmade goods, vintage finds, handmade jewelry and more. Free admission with Rose Hill Fall Festival button.
October 14 Keriel Dairy Barn Sale 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. 12434 NW Meadowlark Rd., Whitewater, KS 67154 A fun family day on the farm with arts, crafts, antiques, yummy food and cupcakes. (We happened upon this sale one day a couple of years ago while driving in the country on the way home from a pumpkin patch and it was charming.)
October 14 Newton Online Auction Flea Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Chisholm Trails Outlet Mall, 601 SE 36th St., Newton, KS 67114
October 15 Unique Antique Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sedgwick County Extension Center, 7001 W. 21st Street N., Wichita, KS 67205
October 21 50th Annual Brick Street Arts & Crafts Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Main Street in Halstead, KS. Free admission.
October 21 Vintage Villa Barn Sale 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 4446 SW 210th St., Douglass, KS 67039
October 21 Craftapalooza & Fabulous Vintage Market $5 admission (under 12 free)
October 21-23 Fall Open House at The Vintage Rhinestone
October 21 Blue Truck Vintage Market 2017 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 8217 N. Worthington Rd., Buhler, KS 67522
November 10 Vintage Market Days $10 on Friday, $5 on Saturday/Sunday 8151 N. Hartman Arena Dr., Park City, KS
I don’t have a date yet Farmhouse Finds Fall Sale 202 East Grand Ave., Hillsboro, KS
March 24, 2018 Harvey County Fair Spring Market 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Harvey County Fairgrounds in Newton, 800 E. 1st Street, Newton, KS 67114 Crafts, handmade, and vintage, with 50+ vendors.
(Also, be sure to check out our schedule of fall and holiday craft shows in and around Wichita.)
Have a craft fair or vintage market I should add? Tell me about it in the comments area below this post! Please remember to include: Name of event, date, location with address, cost of admission, what kind of market – craft, antique, etc.
Flea Markets in the Wichita Area
Village Flea Market
2301 South Meridian, Wichita, KS Open every weekend. Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sundays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Every Second Saturday $20 daily booth rentals. vfmwichita.com
Haysville Hometown Market Flea Market
Haysville Historic Park, 200 block of S. Main This is both a farmers market and a flea market. Saturday mornings, 8-11 a.m., mid-June through mid-September.
PAAK Ratz Flea Market
415 E 61st Street N., Park City Ks 67219 (316) 285-9108 Monthly flea markets with food, music, and more. Over 80 vendor booths.
Paramount Outdoor Vintage Flea Markets
Paramount has three locations in Wichita, each with monthly outdoor vintage flea markets dates from April through October. Link above has all the info.
Mid-America Flea Market
Kansas State Fair grounds, 2000 N. Poplar, Hutchinson, Kansas 67502 Huge monthly flea market in Hutchinson. Admission is $1; kids 12 and younger free. (They used to hold flea markets at the Kansas Coliseum as well as in Hutchinson, but now they’re searching for a new Wichita location.)