If you are looking for something active to do for FREE every Saturday this is for you! I am not a fan of running especially alone. This event is a great way to meet other active enthusiasts. Even if you aren’t a runner like myself they say everyone is welcome. You can walk, jog, run or even volunteer.
What is Exploration Place parkrun?
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it’s up to you!
When is it?
Every Saturday at 8:00am.
*12/10 event is canceled for a conflicting event
Where is it?
The event takes place at Exploration Place, 300 N McLean Blvd, Wichita, KS 67203. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing – it’s free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once and don’t forget to bring a scannable copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won’t get a time.
It is entirely organized by volunteers – email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at Exploration Place or Fartleks Running Store & Smoothie Shop. This is great way to start your weekend and meet new friends.
Are you interested in Volunteering?
See their volunteer page for information on how you can get involved.
Tips off off their Website:
- We operate a No barcode, No result policy, so please bring a scannable barcode with you.
- If you need to reprint your barcode, please see your registration email, previous results or ‘thanks for volunteering’ email or you can request a reminder email.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you take part this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports – we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We’ve a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is organized and delivered every week by volunteers; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.