The 2019 Wichita River Festival is scheduled! In addition to getting you in to all the fun and activities, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon at several of Wichita’s favorite attractions throughout the week.
The Wichita River Festival 2019 will be held May 31 through June 8. Riverfest is one of the best deals of the year with all the live music, events, and activities happening all week long.
Fireworks, a parade (which has a different route this year) and an impressive lineup of live entertainment are only part of Wichita Riverfest.
The event on the Arkansas River includes 10k River Run or family walk, daily activities for all ages, a food court, drink tent, and so much more.
A button offers entry to all the events. Buttons are normally $10 for teens and adults and $5 for kids ages 6 to 12. Kids 5 and younger enter for free. Buttons are sold at the gate, at participating local businesses, and at the Wichita Festivals office, 444 E. William St.
That’s already a great deal considering you get a whole week of entertainment. But if you buy your button early, you pay even less.
But did you know that your button is like a wearable coupon for several of Wichita’s favorite attractions and museums? Keep reading to find out where and how to save during Riverfest.
Riverfest Button Discounts
Last year, all of the Wichita River Festival concerts were FREE with your Riverfest button. Other fun Riverfest attractions, like the Wagonmasters’ River Tours, were also free with your button.
Along with access to the Wichita River Festival events and all the concerts, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon that gets you deals at many local museums and attractions around town.
Weeklong Discounts Around Wichita
Your Riverfest button is your coupon May 31 through June 8! See the River Festival guide for more details. Discounts are subject to change from year to year, so just use this list as a guide.
- Sedgwick County Zoo admission discount
- Botanica admission discount
- Exploration Place admission discount and discounted movie at the Boeing Dome Theater
- The Kansas African American Museum FREE admission
- Kansas Aviation Museum admission discount
- Mid-America All Indian Center admission discount
- Museum of World Treasures admission discount
- Old Cowtown Museum admission discount
- Wichita Toy Train Museum FREE admission
- Wichita Art Museum admission discount
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum admission discount
Other discounts with your button:
Starlite Drive-In is offering BOGO adult tickets on May 31, June 1, and June 2 for anyone with a Riverfest button.
Donut Whole has a 15% discount on National Donut Day on June 7 for those with a button!
Augustino Brewing will sell you your first pint for only $1.50 when you’re wearing your Riverfest button (through 6/8).
2019 Riverfest Concert Headliners
Riverfest concerts provide live musical entertainment all week long and are included FREE with your Riverfest Button.
The complete concert schedule is in the Riverfest Guide you will get when you purchase the button. (One of my favorite concerts every year is the Twilight Pops.) But here’s a list of the headliners for this year. Riverfest will also feature dozens of local and regional acts at various stages throughout the festival.
All of these concerts are included in the price of your button:
Riverfest Activities Included with Your Button
Sure, your Riverfest button gets you admission to the Wichita River Festival to do the big things like enjoy concerts, buy funnel cake, and get into the Blacktop Nationals Car Show, but it also grants you access to numerous other activities throughout the week that are FREE with your button.
Your guide has a complete schedule, but here are a few ongoing events that I think will be fun:
- Ackerman’s Backyard – Be entertained by circus performers and fire dancers, watch the activity on the river, play oversized games, and more
- Wagonmasters River Tours – Take a ride along the Arkansas River on the Admiral’s ship – located in Ackerman’s Backyard
- Cox Kids Corner – Inflatables, art & science projects, clowns, magicians, and more – located on the Hyatt lawn
- Crate Escape – An escape room experience, located in Ackerman’s Backyard and free with your button
- Paddle Boats located at the Cox Kids Corner on the Hyatt lawn
- Kidfest is free this year with your Riverfest button!
For more information, visit WichitaRiverfest.com
What are your favorite Riverfest events?
Find more of Wichita’s favorite yearly events.