The annual Derby BBQ Festival in Derby’s High Park will be lots of fun! Mark your calendars for June 10, 11 & 12; the festival, presented by Rock Regional Hospital, will be held at High Park, 2801 James Street in Derby, Kansas.
The annual festival is a family friendly event with live music, food, kids activities. And admission will is FREE.
The event includes a carnival, carnival will be located in the parking lot of Field Station: Dinosaurs, 2999 N. Rock Rd. The carnival will operate on June 10, 11 & 12.
Smoke on the Plains Schedule of Events:
Thursday, June 10
- Carnival, 6-10 p.m., Field Station: Dinosaurs, 2999 N. Rock Rd.
- $25 wrist band or $3/ride
Friday, June 11
6 to 10 p.m.
- Live music by Jason Pritchett, a country singer out of Branson, Missouri with four songs that have landed in the top 40 charts, 7-10 p.m. on the Security 1st Title Mainstage at High Park
- Food trucks
- Derby Noon Lions Club Beverage & Beer Garden and Shaken or Stirred Bartending
- Derby Recreation Commission Toss Like a Boss Cornhole Tournament – Register at DerbyRec.com
- Creekstone Farms SCA Steak Cook-off – event full
- Scholfield Honda One Meat Rib Contest – Register at DerbyBBQ.com
- Carnival, 6-10 p.m. (located at Field Station: Dinosaurs)
Saturday, June 12
During the day, we will hold the Evergy KCBS Cook-off and Fidelity Bank Backyard BBQ Cook-off with an awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m. on the Security 1st Title Mainstage. The carnival will run from Noon to 5 p.m. at Field Station: Dinosaurs.
Evening events include:
- Live music by Paramount, an 80s cover band from Salina
7-10 p.m. on the Security 1st Title Mainstage at High Park
- Food trucks
- Derby Noon Lions Club Beer & Beverage Garden and Shaken or Stirred Bartending
- Carnival: 6 to 10 p.m. at Field Station: Dinosaurs
Food trucks include:
Bongo Fruit Smoothies, Funky Monkey Munchies, Kona-Ice, Mook’s Foods, Rice ‘n Tings, Smokin’ Diner, Snack Shack, Squat & Gobble, Taters n Toppings, Thai Riffic, The Bomb BBQ, Twisted Hog BBQ
Entry forms for the KCBS BBQ Cook-off can be found at DerbyBBQ.com. The Backyard Cook-off is full.
Enter High Park using the James St. entrance. On-site parking will be available in the paved lots. ADA parking will be available; look for signage at the park.
Proceeds from this event benefit the McConnell Air Force Base Airman and Family Readiness Center. The City of Derby has donated $14,000 of proceeds from this event to the center over the last nine years.
When: June 10, 2021
Time: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Where: High Park – Derby, KS
For More Information: http://www.derbybbq.com
Wichita on the Cheap's free email newsletter
Find More Great Entertainment Deals:
Wichita Entertainment events from our calendar
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Monday, June 14, 2021
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Find more of Wichita’s Favorite Festivals
Derby, KS 67037