Wichita Park & Recreation now offers self-service kayak equipment rental stations in three locations in Wichita. Users scan a QR code on the cage to reserve and pay for a kayak rental for a specific amount of time at the location.
All users must be 18 or older and are only available during park hours. Rentals include a life jacket, paddle, and kayak and are facilitated through the Rent.Fun app. Users will scan a QR code on the cage to reserve and pay for a kayak for specific amount of time at their chosen location. When finished, users unlock the cage in the app and return the equipment.
Receive basic instructions on kayak paddling techniques and safety. Then, you’re off for a leisurely float. Available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Waivers must be signed. Pre-registration is not available.
Kayak Self-Service locations:
- OJ Watson Park
- 3022 S McLean Blvd
- $10 per hour
- Kellogg Bridge
- 605 S Wichita (behind the building)
- $30 for 2 hours
- Riverside Tennis Center
- 551 Nims (east of the bubble)
- $30 for 2 hours
Individuals are welcome to bring their own kayak on the Arkansas River and to Watson Park from sunrise to sunset. Wichita Park & Recreation requires you to sign a waiver when utilizing your own kayak at Watson Park. Check-in at the clubhouse before getting on the water at Watson Park.
Wichita Parks and Rec Rules for the Water:
- Individuals can only be on the water from sunrise to sunset.
- No motorized crafts are allowed without written consent from the Wichita Park & Recreation Director, Troy Houtman.
- Kansas law requires that children 12 years old and younger wear a life jacket while on board any vessel.
- Any occupant of a personal watercraft, regardless of age, must wear a life jacket. This includes both kayaks and SUPs.
Other Articles you might be interested in: