Yes! Free Sundays at Cowtown are back. Thanks to a really generous donation by Colby Sandlian, everyone gets FREE ADMISSION to Cowtown on Sundays through October.
There are some exclusions, such as when the Museum is closed and for certain special events they’ll be holding on Sundays. (Members get in free to most special events! If you’re seeing this in April, be sure to take advantage of a fantastic family membership special for Cowtown. You won’t be restricted to just Sundays, and you won’t believe the price!)
Wichita’s Old Cowtown Museum is an authentic walk back in time to the 1860s and 1870s in Wichita. It isn’t just a building – it’s a whole town, with both real and reproduction buildings and contents that give visitors an accurate historic picture of “the way things used to be” in the Old West.
Costumed history interpreters bring the whole experience to life as you go through the town.
As far as free things to do in Wichita go, this one is near the top of our list. Cowtown often has a lot of fun activities on Sunday.
Note: City of Wichita owned properties require masks until further notice. You don’t have to wear a mask outside if you can maintain a 6′ distance between yourself and other guests, but you will need it to enter the museum and when you’re inside buildings.
Be sure to wear your walking shoes, because this is an open-air museum and you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
Plan to spend at least a couple of hours if your goal is to see everything. But of course, with free admission on Sundays you can always make another trip!
Old Cowtown Museum’s hours on Sunday are from HIGH NOON to 5 p.m.
What is your favorite thing at Wichita’s Cowtown? For me it has to be either the stilts outside the schoolyard or the sarsaparilla you can buy in the saloon. Or the horses in the carriage barn. It’s hard to choose.
Date: Every Sunday from April through October (with a few possible exceptions)
Time: noon to 5 p.m.
Location: 1865 N. Museum Blvd.
Cost: FREE admission on Sunday afternoon!
For more information, visit oldcowtown.org
Find more Free Museum Days in Wichita
Give yourself a Cowtown discount!
Cowtown Family Memberships are only $65. Members get in free to almost all the special events at Cowtown throughout the year.
Consider some of the special events Cowtown has coming up this year:
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11
Wichita, KS 67203