Beat the summer heat with these local Wichita area swimming pools, water parks, and lakes. Dive right in to summer fun!
Most of these area pools offer swimming lessons too.
Wichita City Pools
Wichita currently has eight outdoor public swimming pools around the city. Admission prices are extremely reasonable at $3 per adult, $2 for children age 17 and younger, or just $8 for the entire family (up to six people, and one must be an adult).
Coupon books and season passes will save you even more, as well as giving you access to any city pool. Additionally, each of the city swimming pools has a free swimming day once per season!
Swimming lessons are offered through the Wichita Department of Park and Recreation. Check out the Activities Guide for more details.
Most city pools are open in the afternoons from 1-6 p.m.
- Harvest pool, 9500 W. Provincial, 838-9691
- College Hill swimming pool, 304 S. Circle Dr., 838-9687
- Orchard pool, 1062 N. Clara, 838-9695
- Boston pool, 6700 E. Boston, 838-9686
- Aley swimming pool, 1800 S. Seneca, 838-9685
- Minisa pool, 1350 N. Jeanette, 838-9694
- Linwood Park pool, 1900 S. Hydraulic, 838-9692
- Evergreen Park pool, 2700 N. Woodland, 838-9690
Wichita-area Water Parks
The Greater Wichita YMCA
The Wichita YMCA has four locations with waterparks, and they’re all awesome and affordable, even if you don’t have a Y membership. Day passes are only $10 for an individual or $18 for a family.
Each YMCA water park has different features you can read about here.
- Andover YMCA, 1115 E US Highway 54, Andover, Kansas 67002, 733-9622
- North Wichita YMCA, 3330 N Woodlawn, Wichita, Kansas 67220, 858-9622
- Northwest Wichita YMCA, 13838 W 21st St N, Wichita, Kansas 67235, 260-9622
- South Wichita YMCA, 3405 S Meridian Ave, Wichita, Kansas 67217, 942-5511
Rock River Rapids
The Derby Water Park is a huge swimming complex south of Wichita in the community of Derby, Kansas. It is open daily from 12:30 to 7 p.m. during the summer. Rock River Rapids has a zero depth pool, lap pool, water slides and a lazy river, plus concessions for sale.
Admission prices vary depending on age, and season passes are available to purchase. The Derby Water Park has a daily special called Five after Five that discounts admission to just $5 per person after 5 p.m.
- 1900 E. James Street, Derby, Kansas 67037
McPherson Water Park
North of Wichita, dive into 600,000 gallons of fun at the McPherson Water Park. They’ve got a huge slide, lazy river, lap pool, diving area, and a children’s’ spray park. Regular admission is just $5 for ages 8 and up, $4 for kids 4-7 and seniors, $1 for kids 0-3. Fridays from 5-8 p.m. are only $10 for the family, and they have four special family night events scheduled this summer.
- 511 Lakeside Dr., McPherson, KS
Salt City Splash
This is Hutch’s hub for summer fun. Besides the Olympic size swimming pool, the Splash has a large play structure, water slides for big and littles, diving boards, a tot play area, and more. Admission is $5.25 for 18+, $4 for seniors and youth ages 8-17, $2 for kids 3-7 (with paying adult) and free for ages 2 and younger.
- 1601 S. Plum in Carey Park, Hutchinson, KS 67501
Neighboring Community Pools
Visiting these fun, small town outdoor pools can be like a mini-vacation. Each pool has its own unique features and can make a fun day for the kids!
- Haysville Community Swimming Pool, 525 Sarah Lane, Haysville KS (316) 529-5922
- Goddard Community Pool, 200 S. Main, Goddard KS (316) 794-2441
- Valley Center Pool (Lions Park), 255 East Allen, Valley Center KS (316) 755-7345
- Mulvane Swimming Pool, 990 E. 111th St. South, Mulvane KS (316) 777-0041
- Bel Aire Swimming Pool, 7350 East Central Park Ave., Bel Aire KS 67226
- El Dorado Municipal Pool, 900 N. Taylor St., El Dorado KS 67042 (316) 321-6911
Swimming Lakes in the Wichita area
Don a pair of water shoes and wade out there with the fish or sit on the shore and build a sand castle. Before swimming in area lakes, be sure to check the KDHE website for blue green algae advisories. When levels are high, it isn’t safe to swim.
Pack a picnic and make a day of it, but be aware that most swimming beaches in Kansas don’t allow pets, glass containers, or alcohol. (You can bring pets to many parks, just not to the swimming beaches.)
- Lake Afton is a Sedgwick County lake. It has three swimming areas. A day permit (per vehicle) is only $5.
- Cheney Lake (aka Cheney Reservoir) is a state park, so there’s a $5 vehicle fee per day unless you have the Kansas State Parks Passport. Cheney has several sandy areas where you can swim. Pro tip: If you’ve ever been swimming in Cheney, you know not to wear your nice swimsuit! (Pretty much everything that goes into the water will be permanently stained by the red mud in that lake.)
- El Dorado Lake has two swim beaches – one in Walnut Creek area and one in Bluestem Point across from the cabins. $5 vehicle permit required unless you have the Kansas State Parks Passport.
- Santa Fe Lake has two sand beaches. Daily vehicle permit required, $6.
- Harvey County Lake has swimming areas in both East and West Parks. There is no fee if you just want to swim or picnic at the lake!
Private Pools and Swim Clubs
In addition to nearby lakes and Wichita swimming pools, we have a number of private pools and swim clubs as well. Traditionally these require a membership and are not open to the public. Some do offer swimming lessons to non-members.
- Rockwood Neighborhood Pool, 7547 Rockwood Road, Wichita, KS 67206, (316) 685-3231
- Wichita Swim Club, 8323 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas 67207, (316) 683-1491
- Twin River Club, 2248 N. Sweetbriar, Wichita, KS 67204, (316) 409-0069
- Indian Hills Swim Club, 1158 N. Meridian, Wichita, KS 67203, (316) 943-4391
Year-round Indoor Pools in the Wichita Area
Swimming doesn’t have to be a seasonal sport with these fantastic indoor swimming pools in Wichita and the surrounding communities.
Greater Wichita YMCA has 5 locations with indoor swimming pools, and non-members can purchase day passes. The other indoor pools in this list generally require membership.
- West Wichita YMCA, 6940 Newell Street, Wichita, KS 67212 (316) 942-2271
- South Wichita YMCA, 3405 S. Meridian Ave., Wichita, KS 67217 (316) 942-5511
- Northwest Wichita YMCA, 13838 W. 21st Street N., Wichita, KS (316) 260-9622
- North Wichita YMCA, 3330 N. Woodlawn, Wichita, KS 67220 (316) 858-9622
- Downtown YMCA, 402 N. Market, Wichita, KS 67202 (316) 264-9374
- East Wichita YMCA, 9333 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67207 (316) 685-2251
- Andover YMCA, 1115 E. US Highway 54, Andover, KS 67002 (316) 733-9622
- WSU Heskett Center Swimming Pool, more info
- Genesis Health Clubs, 1550 N. Rock Rd., Wichita KS 67206 (316) 634-0094
- Genesis Health Club, 854 N. Socora, Wichita KS 67212 (316) 721-6600
- Goddard Aquatic Center Natatorium, 19800 W. Kellogg, Goddard KS 67208 (Not open yet; expected fall 2018)
- Wichita Swim Club, 8323 East Douglas, Wichita KS 67207 (316) 683-1491
Hotels with Indoor Swimming Pools
Book a room and have a family stay-cation weekend in a hotel with a swimming pool. Tripadvisor (my referral link) will help you with your search for the best place to stay and play!
Swimming Pool Facility Rentals
Looking to host a pool party? Rent a Wichita-area swimming pool for an evening and invite family and friends. Costs vary – and so do rules – so check with each individual pool for more info. Nearly every outdoor pool on our list offers options for rental facilities or booking parties for groups.