The summer concerts at Bradley Fair are among our favorite events of the year, and the best part is that they’re completely FREE! Here are the details for the 2023 Summer Concert series.
This summer’s Bradley Fair Summer Concert series begins June 1, 2023. In the past, the concerts have been solely jazz music, but this year you can enjoy a mix of styles.
Bring the kids, good friends, and a lawn chair or blanket and prepare to enjoy some lovely Thursday evenings in June. Kid-friendly pre-show activities will take place around the lakeside from 6 – 7 PM to keep the little ones entertained while dining al fresco.
These FREE summer concerts are great for the whole family. If you want to be close to the band, you can register to set up chairs in the plaza/courtyard area next to Newport Grill.
But my favorite spot is on the lawn by the lake behind the shopping center. A spacious grassy area is great for spreading out a little bit, and the sound carries very well over the water.
It’s a great time to get together with friends and family. The kids can watch the ducks and the white egret, which often lands on the edge of the lake to dive for fish.
Some evenings it’s a little hot until after the sun has set, so you may want to bring a bottle of water and some spending money for ice cream.
Soft drinks, wine, and cocktails will also be available to purchase at the concerts.
The Bradley Fair shopping center is at Rock Road and 21st Street East in Wichita.
The FREE outdoor summer concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. You can set up your lawn chair on the Plaza in your reserved spot as early as 5 p.m. the day of the concert. Plaza seating is limited so registration is required. The link to register will be posted here on the Monday before the summer concert.
Here is the lineup and the scheduled dates for this summer according to the Bradley Fair website:
(Event schedules are always subject to change, which is why we include the link so you can double-check.)
2023 Summer Concerts at Bradley Fair Lineup:
- June 1st – Rudy Love Jr.
- A local favorite, Rudy Love Jr. is a musical artist from right here in Wichita who combines the styles of R&B, soul, funk, and jazz. Following in the footsteps of his father, musician Rudy Love Sr., Rudy has a distinctive voice and has shared the stage with artists like Moonchild, Kansas, Anderson Paak, and The Family Stone.
- June 8th – Daydream
- Daydream is a 9-piece funk/fusion horn band from Wichita, KS that plays thoughtful, original compositions that groove. The group consists of local college music professors, Wichita Symphony members, band & orchestra teachers, and professional musicians.
- June 15th – Music Theatre Wichita
- Music Theatre Wichita presents “Broadway UNPLUGGED!” Some of MTWichita’s finest performers will entertain audiences with Broadway showstoppers from some of today’s hottest musicals as well as some new twists on some classics. Expect to hear songs from WICKED, WAITRESS, HAMILTON as well as CAROUSEL, CRAZY FOR YOU, and more.
- June 22nd – Josué Estrada Band
- Josué Estrada is a local trumpeter who, with his 9-member band, combines the sounds of funk, soul, and jazz to create a lively and energetic performance. You’ll definitely be dancing and grooving at this show!
- June 29th – Low Pressure System
- Based out of Kansas City, Low Pressure System has been making waves with their unique sound that blends rock, alternative, and indie. This dynamic band is sure to impress with their electrifying performance.
Stick around following Low-Pressure System’s performance! We’re proud to partner with Fidelity Bank, the official sponsor of Bradley Fair Summer Concerts Firework Finale at approximately 9:30 PM.