Do you have an event coming up that you would like to add to our calendar? Please share the details with me after reading all the information below.
I’m always interested in helping to spread the word about fun, affordable things to do in Wichita. Sometimes my good intentions exceed my ability and I don’t get everything published. By submitting an event, you aren’t being guaranteed placement. Generally, if your event is a great fit for the site and you give me complete details with plenty of advance notice, I’ll do my best to get it on the site so people can find out about it.
Advertising is also available, which gives you preferred placement on the home page, extended exposure, and more benefits, which I can tell you all about if you are interested. I am local to Wichita and my goal is to be helpful to local people, businesses, and organizations.
The most common question I get is “What do you consider ‘cheap?'” That’s a fair question – it’s just difficult to answer. If an event is discounted, if it’s FREE, or if it’s under $15, those are probably “cheap” enough. If you aren’t sure, please feel free to email me and ask.
Have a question about something else or want to find out about advertising at Wichita on the Cheap? Please get in touch!
Contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for submitting events to Wichita on the Cheap:
- Write the event description as fully and completely as possible. You may be reaching people who have never heard of your organization.
- Remember to include your name and your position at the company/organization. This information is for me, so I can contact you if I have a question about something.
- Using the form below, add all your event details and a good description for our readers. Remember that they will see words like “us” and “we” as being Wichita on the Cheap, so if you can write it in third person that will help keep things clear. Add as much helpful information as you can, like where to park, what to expect, what to bring, etc.
- If you have a whole series of events, feel free to email me instead of using the form. A descriptive subject line, like “Free live music at Z Venue for WOTC” helps me see it amid all the other emails. You can also attach a .jpg or .png image if you have one.
- Allow ample notice. I’m not saying you can’t submit an event that’s happening today, but it’s really not likely I’ll be able to share it that quickly. I like to have at least two weeks – but you can also let me know up to a year in advance! Really! 🙂
Oops. The contact form is temporarily out of order. (I’ve had a few people tell me about events they’ve submitted that I never received.) Here’s my email address again: email@example.com
- Event description written in third person
- Link for more info
- Submit at least two weeks (minimum) in advance of the event