Do you have an event coming up that you would like to add to our calendar? Please share the details with us after reading all the information below.
By submitting an event, you aren’t being guaranteed placement. Generally, if your event is a great fit for the site and you provide complete details with plenty of advance notice, we’ll do our best to get it on the site so people can find out about it.
Advertising is also available, which gives you preferred placement on the home page, extended exposure, and more benefits. If you’re interested, contact us for all the details.
The most common question I get is “What do you consider ‘cheap?'” That’s a fair question – it’s just difficult to answer. If an event is discounted, if it’s FREE, or if it’s under $15, those are probably “cheap” enough. If you aren’t sure, please feel free to email me and ask.
Have a question about something else or want to find out about advertising at Wichita on the Cheap? Get in touch!
Top tips for submitting events to Wichita on the Cheap:
- Write the event description as fully and completely as possible. You may be reaching people who have never heard of your organization.
- Remember to include your name and your position at the company/organization so we can contact you if we have a question about something.
- Add all your event details and a good description for our readers. Remember that they will see words like “us” and “we” as being Wichita on the Cheap, so if you can write it in third person that will help keep things clear. Add as much helpful information as you can, like where to park, what to expect, what to bring, etc.
- If you have a whole series of events, feel free to email them all at once.
- A descriptive subject line, like “Event Submission for WOTC” helps you get noticed amid all the other emails. You can also attach a .jpg or .png image if you have one.
- Allow ample notice. Two weeks is barely enough; up to a year in advance is fine! Really. 🙂