Experience the sights and sounds of an old 1870s county fair at Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita on Saturday, October 2, 2021. Although this year’s County Fair will look different (masks are required indoors, and also outdoors in situations where you can’t socially distance), it will still be a great time to experience life in simpler days.
You’ll enjoy making memories with your family as you experience a county fair like it was in the past – an event where people met with their neighbors, came to see what’s new, and engaged in a little friendly competition and games of chance.
The County Fair is a family-friendly event for all ages. There are any number of things you might see or participate in at Cowtown’s County Fair, depending on when you arrive and which buildings/areas you visit.
Activities and entertainment planned for Cowtown’s County Fair
Events like these are a great time to experience Cowtown. Volunteer re-enactors come out and make the town really come alive, and there’s always activity happening somewhere.
If you get hungry or thirsty, rustle up some grub (hot dogs) and sarsaparilla in the saloon, and don’t forget to take lots of selfies in front of the wanted posters tacked up to fences around town. 🙂
Regular admission applies to Cowtown’s County Fair, but there’s no additional cost for special events like these.
If you are a Cowtown Member (like I am) you and all your kids or grandkids get in free!! This is one of the best membership deals in town.
Cowtown Admission Rates for the County Fair Event
Regular admission rates apply for the County Fair event:
Seniors (62+): $8
Youth (ages 12-17): $7
Kids (ages 5-11): $6
Kids 4 and younger, and Cowtown members, get in FREE!
Free Admission to Cowtown on Sundays (through October)!
Photos of previous County Fair days at Cowtown:
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11