Go tell Pa! And Mary, and Ma! This is going to be fun.
On Saturday, May 15, 2021, immerse yourself in the life and times of one of America’s most beloved pioneers, Laura Ingalls Wilder, at Old Cowtown Museum’s Little House on the Prairie event.
Born in 1867, the famous half-pint pioneer would have felt right at home on the streets of our Cowtown, which recreates life in Wichita from 1865-1880. In fact, the Ingalls family lived in southeast Kansas from 1869 to 1871 and the book Little House on the Prairie was based on their experiences here.
During the Little House on the Prairie event, Cowtown will have games and crafts and contests you can enter! Are you the best-dressed Laura? Does your dad have a beard as good as Pa’s?
By the end of the day, you’ll also feel at home in the world that Laura experienced, and you’ll know that Little House on the Prairie is so much more than a TV show!
Date: May 15, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: 1865 W. Museum Blvd. Wichita KS 67203
Cost: Included with admission or FREE with membership
For more information, visit Cowtown’s Little House on the Prairie Facebook event page.
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11
Wichita, KS 67203