An Old Cowtown Museum special annual event, Civil War Day will have Cowtown bursting at the seams with Confederate and Union Soldiers.
The re-enactment is scheduled for Saturday, April 24 and 25, 2021.
They’ll have cannon demonstrations, howitzer demos, encampments, a sutler, and lots of activities.
See and hear what life was like during the days of the Civil War walking through the realistic and authentic 1800s version of Wichita, Kansas!
Civil War Day is FREE for Old Cowtown Museum members, active military, and kids under 4 years old. Regular admission rates apply for everyone else (but if you have a family, be sure to check into the April discount on a family membership! It is one of THE most affordable memberships in town, and includes all special events.):
- $8/seniors (62+)
- $7/youth (ages 12-17)
- $6/kids (ages 5-11)
If you want to be a member, make sure not to miss Cowtown’s April Family Membership special. This covers two parents and all children in the family under 18!
Civil War Day is one of several Old Cowtown Museum signature events! Here are the special events they’ve planned for the 2021 season:
Please note: Since things change so frequently, be sure to use the links we provide in each post to double-check all events before you go.
- Civil War Days (that’s this one!) – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11
Date: April 24 and 25, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita, 1865 W. Museum Blvd., Wichita, KS 67203 (316) 350-3323
Cost: $6-$9 regular admission; free for members and children under 4
For more information, visit the Facebook event.
(You know what I just noticed? Cowtown’s address: 1865! The museum recreates the time period from 1865-1880. LOL, am I the only one who hasn’t caught that yet?)