Get ready to celebrate America like its 1875! On July 3, 2021, Cowtown is celebrating America by throwing an old-fashioned Independence Day celebration.
Related: Wichita 4th of July Celebrations
There will be ice cream, hot dogs and hamburgers, a beer garden, carnival games, sack races, gunfights, live music, stilt-walkers, and more.
And what summer cowtown holiday would be complete without vintage baseball?
If you grabbed the Cowtown Museum membership deal we told you about in April, admission is FREE for you and all of your kids 17 and younger! Otherwise, regular admission rates apply.
This is a special Independence Day celebration that will be fun for the whole family. I love going to Cowtown during events like these because there are usually a lot of re-enactors and activities on these days!
Last admission to the event will be sold at 4 p.m.
Date: July 3, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 05:00 pm
Location: Old Cowtown Museum 1865 W Museum Blvd. Wichita, KS 67203
Cost: Regular admission rates apply:
Seniors $8 (ages 62+)
Youth (ages 12-17) $7
Kids (ages 5-11) $6
(Prices listed do not include tax.)
No charge for children 4 and under; FREE for Old Cowtown Museum members.
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11
Wichita, KS 67203