Make your way back in time on this August to visit the People of the Plains at Old Cowtown Museum.
“Come join us as we celebrate the different groups that populated the plains and helped to shape this area into what it was!
The Great Plains have changed much since settlement pushed west. Over time, many different groups have come and gone, including Native Americans, soldiers, trappers, traders and settlers. Come out for a day where we explore the evolution of the great plains.”
Saturday, August 28, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. visit with Mountain Men, Buffalo Soldiers, Native Americans and more.
2021 People of the Plains Admission Price
Regular admission rates apply, which are:
$8/seniors (ages 62+)
$7/youth (ages 12-17)
$6/kids (ages 5-11)
kids 4 and under FREE
active and retired military and their families FREE
Cowtown members FREE
Date: Saturday, August 28, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 W. Museum Blvd. Wichita, Kansas 67203
Cost: $0 to $9
For more information, see the Old Cowtown Museum event on Facebook or visit its website at oldcowtown.org.
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11