It’s Old West meets science fiction at Old Cowtown’s Steampunk weekend event, May 22 and 23, 2021.
Victorian-inspired science fiction will take over the old cow town for the day. You’ll see lots of costumes, zany inventions, and futuristic 19th century marvels. They’ll also have food available for purchase, vendors, and lots of fun.
Here’s the description of Steampunk Day from Old Cowtown Museum’s Facebook page:
Break out your best bib and hold on to your penny farthing (you know, those huge wheeled bicycles) as Cowtown travels to the days of future past. Encounter the spectacle of pirate comedians, live steampunk music and performers of the steampunk variety.
Throughout the day there will be costume, beard, mustache contests, and numerous photo opportunities, so Gents, shine your fancy whiskers – may the best mug win!
Regular admission prices apply: $9/adults, $8/seniors (ages 62+), $7/youth (ages 12-17), $6/kids (ages 5-11). Prices include taxes. Children 4 and under, active military and Cowtown members get in FREE.
The activities and fun at this popular Cowtown event will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last admission will be sold at 4 p.m., so get there before then! Regular admission applies, which is $9 for adults (18-61), $8 for senior citizens, $7 for youth ages 12-17, and $6 for children ages 5-11.
Military and members get in FREE!
Date: Saturday and Sunday, May 22 and 23, 2021
Time: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 W. Museum Blvd., Wichita, KS
Cost: Regular admission applies
For more info: OldCowtown.org
In addition to Steampunk Weekend, Cowtown has these other fun signature events for both families and adults only!
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (*not included with membership) – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa (*not included with membership) – December 4 and 11
Wichita, KS 67203
Wichita, KS 67203