Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita is continuing its FREE Community Fair Days!
On the third Sunday of each month through October 2022, Cowtown will host local artists and vendors and open its doors for everyone in the community to come and shop.
Community Fair Days will host more than 50 local merchants in an outdoor market from noon to 5 p.m.
The vendors will be selling a variety of food, treats, handmade art, home decor, glasses, t-shirts, jellies and jams, and other merchandise. Local authors will also be represented at the fair!
During the vendor market, you can also explore Cowtown and interact with local townsfolk (costumed historical interpreters), as well as watch gunfight shows out in front of the saloon.
Cowtown Community Fair Vendor Market Schedule for 2022
Here are the planned dates for the monthly Community Fair and vendor market at Old Cowtown Museum. Each market will be held on a Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- May 15
- June 19
- July 17
- August 21
- September 18
- October 16
Sunday admission is free for everyone thanks to a generous donor. (See: Cowtown is FREE on Sundays)
Cowtown is an immersive historical museum that allows visitors to walk on streets and enter buildings that capture the look and frontier lifestyle of Wichita in the 1870s. (You know Wichita today, Cowtown lets you experience it as it was in the past.)
Pro tip: Don’t be afraid to talk to the historical interpreters! *They are full of knowledge and very friendly!
Dates: Third Sunday of the month, May through October
Times: High noon to 5 p.m.
Location: Old Cowtown Museum, 1885 Museum Blvd. in Wichita, Kansas
For more information, visit oldcowtown.org
*One of my favorite conversations was with the Marshall and the Sheriff; during the conversation I realized we still have U.S. Marshalls and Sheriffs (doh) and neither one hauled me off to jail for not connecting the Old West version of these law enforcement officers to the ones we have today.
2022 Special Events at Old Cowtown Museum
Be sure to check out all the special events happening this year at Old Cowtown Museum.
(Get your whole family admission to almost all these events with your Cowtown Family Membership)
- Community Fair Days – third Sunday of every month through October
- Cowtown Under the Stars – first Fridays every month through November
- Once Upon a Time – April 16
- Civil War Days – April 23 and 24
- Little House on the Prairie – Not yet scheduled for 2022
- Steampunk Weekend – May 21 and 22
- A Day in the Life – June 11
- Volkswagen Car Show – June 12
- Celebrate America – July 2
- Neshotah Knap-In – July 7-10
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 23
- Cowtown Throwdown concert (not included with membership) – August 13
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – August 19-21
- People of the Plains – August 27
- Murder Mystery (1920s themed) – September 3
- Wild West Days –September 23-25 (Friday night donors and members only)
- Historic Hauntings – October 1
- County Fair – October 7 and 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 22 and 23
- Echoes of Fear (ages 14+ Halloween night) – October 28 and 29
- Victorian Christmas – December 2, 3, 9 and 10
- Breakfast with Santa (not included with membership) – December 3 and 10