Nothing brings the local community together better than a big party and the upcoming fall festivals and fairs are just the ticket! The cooler weather brings opportunities for countless outdoor family activities and vendor markets. Our community is beaming with excitement to welcome autumn celebrations with open, flannel bearing, arms!
Let’s explore together all of the action-packed festivals, fairs, and block parties that are in-store this fall. From hayrides and rodeos to carnivals and concerts, there is something for everyone to love.
Normally each year, Kansas’ small-town fall festivals and fairs start happening as early as August, and they’re in full swing by September and October.
Community events like these always promise good old-fashioned (and cheap) family fun. Most include parades, games for kids, live music, and food vendors. Some require a button purchase for a nominal fee, but some are free. All proceeds typically go to supporting the local economy and community so everyone wins!
As more events pop up we will let you know as soon as we do. That being said, without a doubt, there will be changes and additions to this list. I encourage you to bookmark this page or share it, to stay in the know. Read on to see our list of all of the fun fall festivals near Wichita for 2023.
Fall Festivals, Craft Fairs & Events in & around Wichita
August Fall Festivals
Mount Hope Pride
- Date: August 19th, 2023
- Location: Mount Hope, KS (Roughly 30 min from Wichita)
- Includes a rodeo, a car show, a parade, lots of family-friendly activities, and concludes with a fireworks show!
- Visit the Mount Hope Pride’s website
Yoder Heritage Day
- Date: August 26, 2023
- Location: Yode, KS ( Roughly 40 min from Wichita)
- features a variety of free family fun, including pancake and sausage breakfast with donations suggested, vendors, live entertainment, tractor pull, kids pedal pull, fireworks and other activities.
- Visit the Yoder Heritage Day website
Mulvane Old Settlers Days
- Date: August 25 – 27, 2023
- Location: Mulvane, KS (Roughly 25 min from Wichita)
- This festival has been an annual event since 1873 and usually includes a hot rod show, carnival, arts and crafts, parade, talent show, turtle races, and more! MOS buttons are sold at many Mulvane-area businesses.
- Mulvane Old Settlers Day Website.
September Fall Festivals
- Date: September 8-17, 2023
- Location: Hutchinson, KS (Roughly 50 min from Wichita)
- The State Fair is always a favorite for many. There is a reason this event is deeply rooted in Kansas history, as nearly 150 years of tradition have molded this celebration into more than just a simple fair, but a world-class event. From headliner concerts to competitive exhibits and a complete carnival – there is a long list of entertainment throughout the week.
- Click HERE for the list of Discount Days and Sponsored days.
- Click HERE for Carnival Days and Deals.
- Click HERE for the Music and Free Entertainment.
- Click HERE to learn about Dillions Dollar Day.
- Date: September 9, 2023
- Location: Burden, KS (Roughly 1 hour from Wichita)
- Spend the day in Burden, Kansas, and experience a “small town” darn good time. This event includes a parade down Main Street, live music, car show with tons of action at their city park. End the night under the stars with the crowd favorite, The Burden PRCA Rodeo.
- Burden Dayz Facebook Page
Hillsboro Arts & Craft Fair
- Date: September 16, 2023
- Time: 9 am – 4 pm (rain or shine)
- Location: Downtown Hillsborow (50 min North of Wichita)
- Each year exhibitors from across the nation are selected by a committee of judges and invited to bring their handcrafted products to Hillsboro for its nationally recognized craft show. These experts come from each coast to display and sell their handiwork and one-of-a-kind creations.
- Local food and hometown hospitality add flavor to this already spectacular event. There’s something for every palate, everything from Hillsboro’s famous smoked sausage, zwieback and bierocks to kettle corn, roasted almonds, fresh-squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes.
- Hillsborough Art & Craft website
The City of Gold Festival
- September 16 – 23, 2023
- El Dorado, KS (Roughly 30 min from Wichita)
- This is El Dorado’s coolest party. This event has it all! Events include arts and crafts, food vendors, kids activities, music, and more! This is a big block party in Downtown El Dorado.
- Get your buttons and join in the fun! Buttons are $8
- City of Gold Festival website
Valley Center Fall Festival
- Date: September 22 & 23, 2023
- Location: Valley Center, KS (Roughly 16 min from Wichita)
- About: Planning is on the way for this annual celebration. This FREE entry event in Valley Center Ks. is packed full of fun, such as a midway, craft vendors, food trucks, and plenty of live music.
- Valley Center Fall Festival website
Conway Springs Fall Festival
- Date: September 23, 2023
- Location: Conway Spring, KS (roughly 30 min from Wichita)
- About: I’ll be decked out for fall this year with fun, kid-friendly and family-friendly activities such as a parade, craft fair, and games.
- Price: Free to attend
- Conway Springs Fall Fest website
Greater Andover Days
- Date: September 28 – October 1, 2023
- Location: Andover, KS (Roughly 15 min from Wichita)
- About: This festival includes a carnival, food court, beer garden, fireworks, kids fest, parade and so much more. This is a personal favorite of our families.
- Price: Buttons and wristbands go on sale on Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 10 a.m. and will be available for $3 through September 28. Starting September 29, they will be on sale for $5 in Central Park so get them early for the best deal.
- Learn More about Greater Andover Days HERE
October Fall Festivals
Goddard Fall Festival
- Date: October 6 – 7, 2023
- Location: South Main Street in Goddard, KS (Roughly 18 min from Wichita)
- About: This annual event is held in October each year and includes a parade, carnival, games, vendors, great food, and entertainment for all ages.
- Price: Tickets are for sale for the live music, but the parade is free.
- Goddard Fall Fest website
Clearwater KS Fall Festival
- Date: October 6 – 7, 2023
- Location: Clearwater, KS (Roughly 25 min from Wichita)
- About: This event typically includes a kid’s corner, bingo, chili cook-off, fishing tournament, car show, and more.
- Price: $5 for a button
- Clearwater Fall Fest website
- Date: October 7, 2023
- Location: In downtown Wamego, KS (roughly 2 hours and 20 min from Wichita)
- The event revolves around a “Wizard of Oz” theme. This event involves a street festival, beer and wine garden, and a variety of activities, including our OZ Costume Contest, Toto look-a-like contest, an Indoor/Outdoor OZ Market, Classic Car Show, Munchkinland, Auntie Em’s Boutique, Munchkin Junction and more!
- WamegoOZtoberFEST website
Maize Fall Festival
- Date: October 13 -14, 2023
- Location: Maize, KS (Roughly 15 min from Wichita)
- Located at Maize City Park, this event includes a parade, vendors, a car show, and live music.
- Visit the Maize Fall Festival website
Rose Hill Fall Festival
- Date: October 13 -15, 2023
- Location: Rose Hill’s largest annual celebration! Rose Hill Fall Festival includes a chili cookoff, 5k run, pancake feed, car show, craft fair, parade/float competition, cornhole tournament, pedal tractor pull and the party at the pond.
- Typically they sell a button to attend the festival.
- Rose Hill Fall Festival website
Halstead Brick Street Arts & Crafts Festival
- Date: October 14, 2023
- Location: This event takes place on Main Street in Halstead, KS 67056 (Roughly 35 min from Wichita)
- This event features traditional fall festival activities, including live music, food vendors, and kids activities, in addition to a fine arts and crafts fair.
- Admission is FREE!
- Halstead Brick Street Arts and Craft Festival Facebook page
Haysville Fall Festival
- Date: October 20 -22, 2023
- Location: Riggs Park on Sarah Lane in Haysville, KS (roughly 18 min from Wichita)
- Festivities include a parade, booths, food vendors, kids activities, a car show, a carnival, and a medallion hunt. Festival buttons are usually $3 per person. Extra fees apply for some activities.
- Haysville Fall Festival website
- Date: October 25 – 28, 2023
- Location: Ark City, Kansas (Roughly 1 hour from Wichita)
- They will have all of your favorite activities like fireworks, a parade of lights, a carnival, a craft show, concessions, a cornhole tournament, a pancake feed, and lots more.
- Arkalalah website
Not Confirmed for 2023:
- Colwich Heritage Festival