Octoberfest is a famous celebration of all things German. We have a list of events in Wichita to help you celebrate. From beer tastings to bratwurst, Wichita has many activities for people of all ages. There are so many things to do and see in Wichita this October! So get out there and join the fun!
What is Octoberfest and some fun facts:
- Oktoberfest is a celebration of German culture, food, and (of course) beer—the Autumn festival held in Munich, Germany, in late September and early October. The festival originated on October 12, 1810, to celebrate the marriage of the crown prince of Bavaria, who later became King Louis I, to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. Now, many bars and restaurants have their own celebration.
- Oktoberfest is a fun celebration of German heritage.
- Sice 1950 the festival in Munich only stats after the official gun salute and the mayor shouting O’sapfits is- which means “Its Tapped”.
- Albert Einstein actually worked at Oktoberfest when he was young, putting up beer tents.
- More than 6 million people attend Oktoberfest in Munich.
- Locals don’t call it Oktoberfest. Instead, they call it the “Wies’n”, after the Theresenwiese field where Oktoberfest is held each year.
Octoberfests in Wichita, 2023:
Octoberfest at Nortons Brewery- September 2
- $15 for a Stein that you can keep. 0.5 L of Ludvig.
- Bratwurst, German potato salad, German cucumber salad and more.
Octoberfest at the Hopping Gnome – September 23
- Noon – 11 pm
They will be tapping the Oktoberfest and lots more activities all day long!
12-3 pm: Big B’s Beef food truck with Brats!
1 pm: Mug Club Stein Hoist
3pm: Cornhole Tournament
5-8 pm: Want Bierocks food truck
8-10 pm: Live music with MJ12, no cover!
- Octoberfest at the Gnome Facebook
Octoberfest at Blessed Sacrament – September 30
- 9:30 am – 10 pm
- Blessed Sacrament Church
- $10 for kids’ inflatables all day.
- Beer:Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfestbier · Prost Dunkel · Prost Pilsner · Prost Hefe · Leinenkugel Oktoberfest!
- Live Music
- Bierocks and more
- Run for the Poor
- Octoberfest at Blessed Sacrament website
Octoberfest at Prost – October 5 -7
- Prost in Wichita in Revelutsia: 2721 E. Central Wichita
- Wichita’s German restaurant Prost is throwing its annual Oktoberfest at its biergarten at the Revolutsia development in Wichita, Kansas. Pull on your lederhosen and enjoy an authentic German festival including polka music, a special food menu, a stein hoisting contest, kids activities, and, of course, German bier on tap!
- Tickets typically run around $35-$40
- Prost Facebook page
Photo: Prost Octoberfest FB page
ICT Blocktoberfest – October 13 – 14
- Naftzger Park, Wichita
- ICT Blocktoberfest Article
The most famous one is Schottenhamel because it’s where the mayor taps the first keg, and the biggest one is Hofbräu-Festhalle, which seats almost 11,000 people.