Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts and handmade items at these upcoming 2016 fall and holiday craft fairs, bazaars, and artisan markets in and around Wichita. Local artists and crafters have been hard at work throughout the year making awesome, unique items. Enjoy their handiwork and support your local artists at any of the shopping events on our list. And keep coming back, because we’ll be updating this page as information about more craft shows comes in!
This list is specifically focused on craft shows and markets for holiday shopping, but we also maintain a year-round directory of barn sales, vintage markets, and flea markets too, so you might want to check that out come spring.
- KMH Holiday Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. December 2 at 402 S. Martinson. Pictures with Santa, gift-wrapping onsite, raffle prizes, WINE TASTING, and more. FREE admission. (316) 269-7623
- Kidron Bethel Village Christmas Gift Market 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. December 3, includes handcrafted items, Menno Hall Chapel at the village in North Newton
- Community Art & Music Fair 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 3 at First Church of the Brethren. Live music and craft/art vendors.
- Winterfest featuring craft booths and other vendors, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. December 3, Woodlawn United Methodist Church, 431 S. Woodlawn Blvd., Derby, free
- Mistletoe Market, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. December 3 at Swaney Elementary School, 501 E. English St, Derby 67037, 316-788-8560
- Craft and Vendor Fair 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. December 3 at Canton-Galva Jr./Sr. High School, 506 S. Kansas Ave. Canton. Free entry, with gift wrapping and babysitting by donation. Thanks Tina.
- Crazy for Christmas at Harvester Arts, 215 N. Washington. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Decorations, ornaments, wreaths, and baked goods from local artists.
- Wichita Pottery Sale 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wichita Pottery, 300 N. Meridian in Wichita. Handmade pottery and sculpture for sale, plus a free ornament with purchase.
- Holiday Market at the MakerSpace 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1500 E. Douglas in Wichita. Local and MakeICT artists will sell their work in the Maker Gallery. Live entertainment from the Hinkle Whatley Jazz Duo.
- Crazy for Christmas at Harvester Arts, 215 N. Washington. 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Decorations, ornaments, wreaths, and baked goods from local artists. 1/2 price sale!
- Rose Hill Hometown Christmas vendor marketplace, December 10 , tentatively 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Rose Hill Middle School, 212 E Rocket Drive, Rose Hill, free entry, information on website
- Second Sunday Christmas Craft Fair 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. December 11, Village Flea Market , 2301 S. Meridian Ave., Wichita, 316-942-8263, free
- Kansas Coliseum Flea Market, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. December 11, Kansas Coliseum, 1279 E. 85th St. N, Park City, 316-440-0888, $1
Andover Farm & Art Market, 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays in October, parking lot around 540 N. Andover Road, 316-247-3663, website, free Haysville Fall Festival includes craft booths and other vendors, October 22 & 23. Festival buttons are $3, and festival-goers are encouraged to buy them. Haysville Fall Festival website Fall Artisan Festival 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 22, University United Methodist Church, 2220 N. Yale, includes about 40 artists and crafters, and food for purchase, free entry New and Vintage Holiday Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. October 22, 208 N. Washington Avenue in downtown Wellington. Includes handmade, vintage and repurposed items. Free entry. Information on Facebook Haute Handmade Pop-up Market at Public at the Brickyard. Shop your favorite Midwest makers and their handmade goods with live music and food and beer specials. October 23, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Original handmade art, new and modern handcrafted goods. 129 Rock Island St. in Wichita. Apollo Craft Fair 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 29 Apollo Elementary School, 16158 W. Apollo St., Goddard, $2 entry fee Wichita Craftapalooza Vintage Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 5 at Century II Convention Center, in downtown Wichita. Includes vintage and handcrafted items, funky junk and boutiques. $5 entry for 12 and older, 11 and younger free. Information on Facebook Holiday Bazaar, November 12, 9 am. to 4 p.m., Rose Hill United Methodist Church, 19551 SW Butler Road, Rose Hill, 316-776-2212, free True Life Arts & Crafts Fair November 12, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 2210 W. 10th Street. Handcrafted gifts, concessions, and a raffle for vendor baskets. Pictures with Santa for $5 for a limited time during the event. Holy Spirit Bazaar 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. November 12, Explorer Elementary, 16746 W. Explorer St., Goddard, 316-794-2096, $3 entry fee Asbury Shoppaganza 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 12, Asbury Church West Campus, 11910 West Pawnee Street, Wichita, 316-942-1491, website, free Wichita Alternative Gift Market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 12 at East Heights UMC, 4407 E. Douglas Ave. Different from an ordinary market – you make tax-deductible charitable donations in someone’s name and present them with a beautiful greeting card describing the project you supported. More than 30 local and international causes to support, foods to sample, and fair trade crafts and products available to purchase. Light breakfast and lunch items will be for sale as well. Free admission. See website for more details. Artists’ Garage Sale 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 942 N. Litchfield St. in Wichita. This house in the Riverside neighborhood of Wichita will be holding an art sale on Saturday with a variety of mediums represented: jewelry, mosaics, paintings, photography, and more. All price ranges! Cash is encouraged but credit cards will also be accepted. Kansas Coliseum Flea Market, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 13, Kansas Coliseum, 1279 E. 85th St. N, Park City, 316-440-0888, $1 WSU Holiday Arts and Crafts Fair in the Rhatigan Student Center, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17. WSU Holiday Arts and Crafts Fair in the Rhatigan Student Center, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17. Holiday Shopping Expo 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Sedgwick Plaza Retirement Community, 2455 North Woodlawn. Arts and Crafts Market for Mission, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. November 19, Calvary United Methodist Church, 2525 N. Rock Road, Wichita, $1 entry fee, 316-683-3913 Christmas in the Foothills Holiday Market, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kansas State Fairgrounds, 318 E. State Fair Rd. in Hutchinson. Over 60 area crafters and vendors. Free admission. Holiday Bazaar November 19 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Community Market, 115 W. Ash, El Dorado, includes Santa and his wife, 316 Fall Craft Fair 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. November 19, St. Mary Catholic School of Derby, 2306 E. Meadowlark Blvd., Derby, $2 entry, free for kids Holidays in Delano noon to 6 p.m. November 19, shopping, Santa and activities in historic Delano. Drop off non-perishable food items at designated locations and receive discounts and special offers from participating businesses. Facebook event page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/429573773900898/ (Salina) Kansas Girl Scouts See & Sell Holiday Market 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Bicentennial Center, 800 The Midway, Salina, KS. Over 3000 shoppers each year, arts and crafts, goody bags with coupons, and an appearance by Miss Kansas. $5 at the door; free for kids ages 12 and under. Local Art Show and Sale 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on November 26 at T&J Studios at 144 N. Emporia in downtown/Old Town Wichita. Local photographers and artists will be showing and selling prints and original art. Wichita Etsy Local, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 26 at Hotel at Old Town, 210 N. Mosley. Buy unique and quality items from your favorite local Etsy shop live and in person. Small Business Saturday deals. Free admission. Jingle Bell Junction Craft Show, November 26, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Indoor show, in the heated building beneath the grandstand at Winfield Fairgrounds.