He’s a busy guy, but Santa still always makes time to visit Wichita every year. He says he loves our city because the people are great, there isn’t a lot of traffic, and we have so many affordable things to do here. But best of all, of course, is the disproportionately high number of kids who are on the Nice list here in Wichita.
Here’s where you can bring the kids to visit Santa on one of his many stops in Wichita and the surrounding area. (Don’t forget your camera!)
2017 Santa Sightings
- Illuminations at Botanica Visits with Santa every evening from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 24 – Dec. 31, excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for youth ages 12 and under.
- Town East Mall will offer pictures for purchase with Santa on the lower level center court almost every day from November 11 to December 24.
- Town West Mall will also offer Santa photo ops for purchase December 13 to December 24.
- See Santa at Heartspring during their Lights on the Lake event for a $5 donation. He’ll be inside at the Hospitality Center at 8700 E. 29th St. N. from 6-10 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays starting November 23 to December 9, and everyday from December 13 to 23.
- Cabela’s free pictures with Santa every Saturday from 10-2 p.m. from Nov. 25 to Dec. 16.
- Polar Express at Watson Park takes you on a magical train ride to visit Santa, complete with a campfire and s’mores. The event is ongoing starting Nov. 26 to Dec. 23. 3022 S. Mclean Blvd. Tickets are $15 and are selling fast!
- Also, if you can’t get to one of his personal visits, freeconferencecall.com has set up a special voicemail number for Santa. Kids can call and leave Santa a message with what they want at 1-605-47 SANTA (72682). 1-605-477-2682
- Portable North Pole will also let you request a free personalized video from Santa.
- North Pole Express Substation; FREE. 1841 S. Glenn. See Santa’s workshop, sleigh and reindeer at Kansas’ very own North Pole. 6-9 p.m. every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from Thanksgiving night through December 23. Check https://www.clausinc.org/north-pole for more details.
- Prairie Pines Christmas Tree Farm has visits with Santa during select weekend hours from opening day on November 24 through December 17.
- City of Derby Tree Lighting Nov. 16, 6-8 p.m. FREE photos with Santa, arts and crafts, food trucks, and holiday music! The whole event is free. Madison Avenue Central Park in Derby.
- Holiday Wish List Open House at Blue Baboon Books November 18 at 10 a.m. and November 19 at 12 noon. Gift list registry for Santa. Pretty convenient! Cider, treats, visits with Santa, and more.
- Bradley Fair Tree Lighting Nov. 18, 5:30-6 p.m. See Santa and his reindeer during the lighting of their 35 foot Christmas tree!
- Holidays in Delano shopping event Nov. 18, 12-5 p.m. See Santa, live (yes, live!) reindeer, sleds, and some of the best local vendors and artists. Santa will be at Sweet Cheeks from 2-5 p.m. and the live reindeer will be at the Monarch from 12-3 p.m. Along Douglas Ave., from Mclean Blvd. to Seneca.
- Prairie Pines Christmas Tree Farm Santa will be there at 11 a.m. on opening day, November 24, with lots of other activities going on and Christmas tree trimmings for sale as well. Free, but donations to Santa’s reindeer food fund are appreciated.
- Santa at the Wyldewood Cellars Winery Nov. 25, 12-2 p.m. FREE face painting, balloon art from clowns, cookies, and wine tastings for those 21 and over!
- KMH Holiday Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 1. FREE admission and pictures with Santa, bake sale, raffle, and hot chocolate bar!
- Great Plains Nature Center “Bringing in the Greens” event is from 6-8 p.m., December 1. FREE Santa visits, Christmas music performances, and craft stations to make your own ornaments and get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- Old Cowtown’s Victorian Christmas See Santa’s Workshop and sip on hot cocoa! 6-9 p.m. on Dec. 1, 2, 8, and 9. Regular admission prices apply.
- North Branch YMCA Breakfast with Santa. 9-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2. Eat yummy pancakes and sausage along Mr. Claus for $6.50 per person.
- Wichita Art Museum Holiday Open House will have a visit with Santa, as well as storytelling with the Glitter Elf. December 3 from 2-4 p.m.
- In downtown Newton, Santa will take pictures with kids at the Parade of Lights on Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
- A Night with Santa Dec. 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Century II Exhibition & Convention Halls. FREE Santa visits, carnival games with prizes, cake walk, crafts and more!
- Northwest Branch YMCA Pancake Breakfast with Santa. Dec. 9 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m., $8 per person at the door, or $6 if you pay in advance.
- West Branch YMCA Pancake Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 9 from 9 to 11 a.m. FREE.
- Breakfast with Santa at Nancy’s A-Maize-N Sandwiches Free pancakes for kids and they get to chat it up with Santa. Bring your own camera. Dec. 9 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Santa Claus will make a special appearance at Exploration Place. Meet him in the lobby Saturday, December 9 or 16 between noon and 2 p.m. Bring your own camera and have your picture taken with him for free!
- Cookies with Santa at Carousel Skate Center Dec. 11 at 6 p.m. Admission is $10 per person (including parents).
- Urban Air Wichita, Pancakes with Santa. 5:30-8 p.m. Dec 14. FREE pictures with Santa. Purchase a pancake dinner and watch “Kris Cakes” flip pancakes across the room! Jumping packages can be purchased separately for an additional fee.
- Andover’s Hometown Christmas, Andover Central Park 5:30-8 p.m. Dec. 14. Santa will be there to check your list twice, and there will be many other fun activities. Bring a donation of canned goods, toys, or a cash donation for admission; all proceeds will go to Caring and Sharing, which provides meals and Christmas presents for families.
- Board Games with Santa at Sedgwick County Extension, 6:30-9 p.m. FREE
- Jingle Bell Run Dec. 16 at 9 a.m. starting at the Exploration Place. Entry fee for the race is $35. You can partake in the 1-mile run/walk or a 5K run. Wearing holiday costumes is encouraged!
- East Branch YMCA Pancake Breakfast with Santa. Dec. 16 from 8-10:30 a.m., $6 per person.
- South Branch YMCA Pancake Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 16, 9-11 a.m., $6 per person.
Do you know of more stops on Santa’s tour through Wichita? Pass it along to Wichita on the Cheap readers by commenting on this post, sending an email, or mentioning it on Twitter and/or Facebook. Be sure to include location, time, and date, and whether there will be an admission charge. Thanks!