Prairie Pines Christmas Tree Farm opens for the season on the day after Thanksgiving in November with holiday fun for families until mid-December.
If you want the traditional family experience of going out and finding your tree, they have some beautiful pines growing on the property. Prairie Pines also has pre-cut trees for sale.
But did you know that, besides Christmas trees, Prairie Pines also sells fresh fir garland and tree trimmings in its Christmas shop and has family holiday activities too?
Prairie Pines is a favorite stop for Santa, who will be out to the farm on select Saturdays from about 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and some Sundays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Visits with Santa are free, but donations for his reindeer food fund are appreciated.
Opening day for the Christmas tree farm will be Friday, November 26, 2021. After that, the farm and gift shop is open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. On weekdays, they’re open from 3 – 6 p.m.
Prairie Pines Christmas Tree Farm is located at 4055 N. Tyler Road in west Wichita.
Prairie Pines also has horse-drawn wagon rides out to the fields, bucket train rides for the kids, Christmas carolers, and cookies and hot cocoa or cider for sale by the Maize High School music department.
Your guide to Wichita holidays on the cheap!
Special Holiday Events:
- Day-by-day guide to Christmas and holiday events in and near Wichita
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
- Where to Visit Santa around Wichita
- Christmas Craft Shows and Holiday Markets
- How to make the holidays special when you can't afford big presents
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas
- Find Unique Gifts at these Local Wichita Shops
- Great Local Gifts Under $20
- Wichita Christmas Light Displays
- Botanica Illuminations
- Fulton Valley Farms A Country Christmas
- Christmas Tree Farms