The Kansas Aviation Museum will have special activities to help keep the kids busy during spring break in Wichita. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Saturday, March 15, kids can stop by the Boeing Learning Center inside the museum to make cool aviation-related crafts and meet special guests.
The activities are included in general admission, which is $8.95 for adults and $6.95 for kids ages 4-12. (Want a discount? Check out the GoCard.)
- Saturday, March 15: Kids will make parachutes, loop gliders, and parafoils in our learning center.
- Monday, March 17: Kites. Kids will make kites while learning from real kite flyers.
- Tuesday, March 18: Engineering 101. We will challenge young minds with engineering challenges.
- Wednesday, March 19: Glider Fest. Kids will get to see a real glider and meet a glider pilot. They will also make their own gliders out of foam and balsa wood.
- Thursday, March 20: Hot Air Balloons. There will also be a chance to meet a real hot air balloon pilot and make three different hot air balloon designs.
- Friday, March 21: Rocket X Planes. Kids will make rocket planes too if their pilot (an egg) can survive.
- Saturday, March 22: “Making Stuff” NOVA Activites.
Thoughout the week, KAM is giving the first 100 kids that visit the Boeing Learning Center a small, complimentary K’NEX kit.
The Kansas Aviation Museum is located at 3350 South George Washington Blvd., Wichita, KS 67210.