The Wichita Public Library will once again host free screenings of the Annual Academy Award Nominated Short Films in 2023.
Wichita Public Library was one of the first organizations in the nation to provide a way for the communities outside of major cities like New York and LA to see the nominated films.
Since 1986 the Library has annually previewed the short films nominated in the animated, live action and documentary categories at various times, dates, and locations, free and open to the public.
The screenings will occur March 4 -11, 2023, at various locations.
The Oscar-nominated short films are each 40 minutes or less, in the categories of Animation, Live Action, and Documentary. Admission is free for all showings.
The films are not rated and may not be suitable for all audiences. However, all films this year have an R-rating consideration.
Visit wichitalibrary.org/academyawards to register for the film festival. The titles of this year’s Academy Award short films can be found at that link as well.
Just to reiterate, the films aren’t rated and may not be suitable for all ages. This year, the library states that all films have an R-rating consideration. All showings are FREE!
Here is the schedule for 2023:
- Saturday, March 4, all categories, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Advanced Learning Library, 711 W. 2nd St.
- Sunday, March 5, live action & animation, 1:15-4:45 p.m., Alford Branch Library, 3447 S. Meridian
- Tuesday, March 7, live action & animation, 1-4:30 p.m., Westlink Branch Library, 8515 Bekemeyer
- Tuesday, March 7, documentaries, 6-9 p.m., Derby Public Library, 1600 E. Walnut Grove Rd., Derby
- Thursday, March 9, live action & animation, 1-4:30 p.m., Advanced Learning Library, 711 W. 2nd St.
- Thursday, March 9, documentary, 5-7:45 p.m., Evergreen Community Center and Library, 2601 N. Arkansas St.
- Friday, March 10, documentary, 10:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Advanced Learning Library, 711 W. 2nd St.
- Saturday, March 11, all categories, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Advanced Learning Library, 711 W. 2nd St.
The 95th Academy Awards® will be televised on Sunday, March 12, 2023.