The Starlite Drive-In will kick off its 2023 season and will open on February 17, 2023. There is nothing like a drive-in movie. Everyone loves the vintage atmosphere of drive-in movie theaters and you can’t beat the price.
This will be Starlite’s 70th year. The theater got a new owner in 2019, then had to deal with a tricky 2020 season. Now Starlite reps say they are ready and excited to begin welcoming movie-goers back.
Click HERE for Tickets and Showtimes
Experience Starlite on a Budget:
- You can pack your own snacks to help you save money! If you forget to bring your own you can also check out their concessions which have: hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, fries, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, candy, funnel cakes, cotton candy, and frozen treats.
- Most of the money from ticket sales goes to the film studio, so the main way for the theater to stay in business is by profits from food sales. Keep this in mind! This website is about saving money, but we need to support the local dive-in, so consider purchasing hot popcorn or a treat.
- They offer carload pricing but only on special occasions so check back or follow Wichita on the Cheap on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see when they have carload pricing.
Starlight Tips to have the best Experience:
- The box office opens approximately one hour before the earliest movie.
- Starlite does NOT offer speakers. All sound is through FM. They encourage you to use your car stereo or bring an FM-capable radio, wireless speaker, or boombox with you. They do not have a radio app for phone use.
- You can borrow a car heater if you bring your driver’s license.
- You can bring your pet!
- Parking spaces are first-come-first-serve.
- Pack your pillows, and blankets and make it cozy for 3 movies for the price of 1.
- If you go in the summer don’t forget the bug spray. If you are like me and mosquitos love you not having bug spray could ruin your experience.
- Bring folding chairs if you want to sit outside.
How to make the Drive-IN Extra Special:
- Make it a pajama night! Get comfy!
- Dress in costume for the movie you are going to see.
- Stop by the Dollar Store and get some glow sticks. They always have glow sticks in the party section.
- Make your own snacks to bring ahead of time.
- Make a trail mix of some of your favorite snacks. When you have just a little bit left in a bag, dump them all into one bag to make a fun mix.
- Bring lawn games like a football to throw around before the movie starts.
12 & older – $9
3 yrs – 11yrs – $4
2 yrs & younger – Free
*excludes concerts and special events.
Starlite Location: 3900 S Hydraulic Ave
Wichita, KS 67216
Leave a Reply