Looking for a fantastic holiday light display to drive through? The Arc Lights, formerly known as Lights on St. Paul, has been an annual tradition in Wichita for more than 20 years!
Experience the holiday wonderland from the warmth of your car as you drive through more than 1 million lights and displays. There’s something for all ages to enjoy as you discover new displays and long-time favorites like the one-of-a-kind Tunnel of Lights, dancing trees, and more.
As you enter, you’ll see a sign telling you to tune your radio to a certain station so you can enjoy the festive holiday music as you drive through the lights.
Volunteers put in thousands of hours setting up and working this annual drive-through holiday light display. It is The Arc’s signature fundraising event that helps provide life-changing programs for youth and adults with developmental disabilities.
When do The Arc’s Lights Open?
The Arc Lights open Thanksgiving night and continue to a few days after Christmas. The lights go on at 5:30 p.m. each evening.
- Sundays through Thursdays: 5:30-9 p.m. (Extended to 10 p.m. on Dec. 19, 22, and 23)
- Fridays and Saturdays: 5:30-10 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: 5:30-11 p.m.
The Arc’s Lights Admission Fee
On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, admission is a $10 per carload donation. (You can pre-purchase admission passes for $8 at any Wichita-area Quik Trip or through the Arc’s website.)
Freewill donations are accepted Mondays through Thursdays.
Visits with Santa at The Arc’s Lights
On the first two Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights that they’re open, Santa will visit The Arc’s Christmas Light display. Kids can get their pictures taken (I think it’s “bring your own camera”) for a suggested $5 donation. Santa will be inside The Arc’s building for visits from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
The Arc’s Lights Location
Looking up the address on your GPS won’t really help you here, since you need to know where to enter the drive-through holiday light display.
You get to the Arc Christmas Light display near Douglas and St. Paul. (You should see the signs, and the volunteers standing outside the entrance.) This is just four blocks west of Meridian in west Wichita.
Your guide to Wichita holidays on the cheap!
Special Holiday Events:
- Day-by-day guide to Christmas and holiday events in and near Wichita
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
- Where to Visit Santa around Wichita
- Christmas Craft Shows and Holiday Markets
- How to make the holidays special when you can't afford big presents
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas
- Find Unique Gifts at these Local Wichita Shops
- Great Local Gifts Under $20
- Wichita Christmas Light Displays
- Botanica Illuminations
- Fulton Valley Farms A Country Christmas
- Christmas Tree Farms