Botanica, the Wichita Gardens, is open late on Tuesdays and Thursdays from April – October 2023. This is a great option to get outside for all of us that work or if you want to enjoy the gardens when it’s a bit cooler out. On Thursday nights, you can get in for just $5.
You can enjoy the gardens and all the FREE activities inside from 5 pm – 8 pm on Thursdays for $5 from April – October (with the exception of concerts and special events that require a ticket). Make sure to check Botanica Website HERE.
ABOUT THURSDAY NIGHTS AT BOTANICA:
- Regular admission is $10 for adults, $8 for youth/seniors (62+), and Military & children 2 and under are FREE, so visiting on Thursday nights is a DEAL!
- You can ride the restored Joyland carousel for $3.
- You can pack your own dinner and bring in your own beverages. They have lots of great covered eating areas to enjoy.
- The 2023 exhibit is Dinosaurs Around the World. This exhibit is FREE with general admission. Click HERE to learn more about this excellent exhibit.
Wichita on the Cheap Pro Tip: download the Sunflower Summer App and get FREE admission for all Kansas kids and their parents. Botanica participates in this program so that you can visit for FREE from May 26 – August 13, 2023. Click HERE for more info about the Sunflower Summer Program and find out how to get into over 100 Kansas Attractions.
ABOUT BOTANICA THE WICHITA GARDENS:
- Botanica is 18 acres of developed gardens.
- They have over 4,000 species of plants, both native and new to the region.
- The gardens have over 50 sculptures, flowing streams, fountains, and a waterfall.
- Botanica, The Wichita Gardens is open year-round, and repeat visits offer new surprises as The Gardens change with the seasons. In spring, more than 50,000 tulip bulbs and 120,000 daffodil bulbs bloom along with an assortment of wildflowers and flowering shrubs. Later bloomers include azaleas, irises, roses, peonies, and other perennials. More than 20,000 annuals combine with beautiful perennial color in the summer along with spectacular prairie wildflowers. In autumn, you’ll find asters, liriope, sedum, and more than 5,500 chrysanthemums amongst the backdrop of fall color from trees and shrubs. In winter, The Gardens feature 12,000 pansies, red-twig dogwood, witch hazel, and berried hollies.
- They have one of the best Childrens Gardens in the US. Click HERE to learn more.
- Be transported into Botanica’s Chinese Garden of Friendship! As a tribute of friendship to Wichita’s sister city, Kaifeng, Botanica displays traditional Chinese gardening in a majestic showcase of art and architecture. Click HERE to learn more.
- Visit the Butterfly House and see up to 50 species of native and exotic butterflies. Witness the butterfly life cycle as they emerge from chrysalides, take their first flights and interact with plants in a natural setting. Click HERE to learn more.
- Above are just a few gardens Botaicna has to offer. Click HERE for the complete list of gardens.
Thursday night is the best DEAL to visit the gardens with the $5 admission. Tuesday nights its general admission.