Breathe in. Breathe out. Whether you enjoy yoga for exercise, stress relief or adventure there is a yoga class for you in Wichita. Yoga has become very popular and for good reason, anyone can do it! If you are new to yoga, don’t worry. There are classes perfect for beginners. Wichita has a wide variety of yoga opportunities, including many free options.
Here are a few tips when attending a yoga class:
- If it hurts, don’t do it. Stretching should feel good. Everyone is at a different skill level. If you see someone doing a fancy move, don’t feel like you have to try it unless you want to. There are modifications for every move and most instructors will point them out during class.
- Bring water. You will work up a sweat even in the yoga classes geared towards stretching. So don’t forget your water.
- Bring a yoga mat or towel. Bringing your own yoga mat or towel is a must. A towel won’t stay in place as well, but if you are new to yoga, it will work in a pinch. You can also get a reasonably priced basic yoga mat at Target or Walmart.
- Wear comfortable clothing. If you don’t have yoga specific clothing, a long t-shirt and leggings, capris, joggers or long shorts will work. As long as the clothing is comfortable and doesn’t restrict your movement, it will work for yoga.
- Optional gear: towel, block and a strap. These items are optional, especially if you are new to yoga. However, they can enhance your experience by helping you get into a better stretching position.
- Have fun! It goes without saying, yoga should be enjoyable.
sonia smih says
hello emily ! question. my daughter wants to take yoga classes for the first time. do you have a place for these classes and an hour o how does this work ?
Hi Sonia. You should be able to contact any of these yoga studios to ask for more information about classes for your daughter. In addition to the ones in the article, I know the Y offers yoga classes.