Breathe in. Breathe out. Whether you enjoy yoga for exercise, stress relief or adventure there is a yoga class for you in Wichita. Yoga has become very popular and for good reason, anyone can do it! If you are new to yoga, don’t worry. There are classes perfect for beginners. Wichita has a wide variety of yoga opportunities, including many free options.
Here are a few tips when attending a yoga class:
- If it hurts, don’t do it. Stretching should feel good. Everyone is at a different skill level. If you see someone doing a fancy move, don’t feel like you have to try it unless you want to. There are modifications for every move and most instructors will point them out during class.
- Bring water. You will work up a sweat even in the yoga classes geared towards stretching. So don’t forget your water.
- Bring a yoga mat or towel. Bringing your own yoga mat or towel is a must. A towel won’t stay in place as well, but if you are new to yoga, it will work in a pinch. You can also get a reasonably priced basic yoga mat at Target or Walmart.
- Wear comfortable clothing. If you don’t have yoga specific clothing, a long t-shirt and leggings, capris, joggers or long shorts will work. As long as the clothing is comfortable and doesn’t restrict your movement, it will work for yoga.
- Optional gear: towel, block and a strap. These items are optional, especially if you are new to yoga. However, they can enhance your experience by helping you get into a better stretching position.
- Have fun! It goes without saying, yoga should be enjoyable.
Highly rated yoga mats on sale (50% off or more)
Upcoming Wichita Yoga Events
October 22 Complimentary Yoga at lululemon All levels yoga class taught by Aaron from Satya Moon. Bring a mat or borrow one of theirs. 10:30-11:30 a.m. 1423 N. Webb Rd. Ste 115, Wichita, KS 67206
October 22 College Hill Yoga in the Park – bring a mat and meet by the pool. All levels welcome; no yoga experience necessary. 2 p.m. 304 Circle Drive, Wichita, KS 67218
October 27 Free Yoga + Art Final Friday Free unheated all levels yoga class at Limitless Yoga Studio, then an exhibition of Friends University students’ art on display. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. 357 S. Pattie, Wichita, KS 67211
October 29 Outdoor Yoga and Food Trucks Donation-based all levels yoga class held before the Food Trucks at the Fountain event in the Wichita Waterwalk. 10 – 11:30 a.m. 515 S. Main, Suite 114, Wichita, KS 67202