Say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day with these special deals in Wichita. I know that to some, being “cheap” or frugal on a holiday like Valentine’s Day is a negative. But what’s more romantic than hitting the cap on your retirement fund contributions this year? (Nothing says ‘I want to grow old with you’ better than that.)
Procrastinators, start here:
These are cheap and fun Valentines Day ideas in Wichita for February 14. They’re every bit as great as expensive dates. We’ve updated this list to help you find fun last-minute ideas. It’s not too late to celebrate!
Valentine’s Day Date Night ideas:
Take in dinner and a movie with 4x fuel points at Dillons. You’ll need to load the digital coupon onto your card, then buy participating dining and/or entertainment gift cards to get the extra points.
See a movie at the Old Town Warren Theater for only $5 on Wednesdays.
Or take in a Valentines Day show at The Wichita Community Theater for a donation.
Share a kiss at Qdoba for a BOGO
See more Wichita Date Night Ideas or just keep scrolling. We have more great date ideas below.
Family-friendly Valentine’s Day deals:
Skate South has a $2 Valentines Day skate party going on tonight from 6-8 p.m.
Remember that the zoo has $3 admission today, and the weather is supposed to be great!
More Ways to Say I Love You on Valentines Day in Wichita
For the planners-ahead:
(Update: This article was originally written on Feb. 8, so some of these are over. But not all of them!) So here are some ways to plan a frugal, but still very romantic, Valentines Day:
- Get a gift card for dining out and 4x fuel points at Dillons. If you’ll be going out to eat anyway, purchase a gift card in advance and save big money on fuel by collecting quadruple the fuel points. Expires 2/14/18.
- Also, the FREE Friday Download at Dillons this week on February 9 will be a box of Sweetarts Hearts. Perfect! (Be sure you are logged in so you can download the coupon to your card.) This will be a completely free and adorably cute surprise gift for your Valentine!
- Sign up to take a class together. The Wichita Park and Recreation fitness classes are fun, convenient, and inexpensive, and registration for spring classes starts on February 19.
- Go out to a FREE after-work concert at Barleycorn’s on Tuesday. KFDI is bringing Ashley McBryde, and up-and-coming country singer-songwriter to Wichita!
- Give the gift of quality time. Sente Games and Refreshments is starting a promotion for BOGO 1-month membership cards on February 9. That would be $20 for one month of unlimited game playing for both of you!
- Valentines Day is on a Wednesday this year. You know what that means? MOVIE THEATER date night on the cheap!! The Old Town Warren theater has $5 movie tickets on Wednesdays. You probably better buy them early if you can.
- Take a dance lesson and swing into a Sunday evening dance at a downtown dance studio. $16 for an evening of fun for the two of you.
Keep scrolling to the end of the post where you can find ALL of the recent Valentines Day deals for Wichita (that we know of, anyway). It includes a deal on a date-night movie, a Valentine’s Day live theater performance, an evening out for cocktails and dancing, a lovebirds tour, and more. And that list is always being updated!
Here’s what you’re really saying when you plan a frugal Valentines:
“Roses are red, but my bank statement isn’t.”
Grocery stores have great deals on red roses this week. Aldi will have rose bouquets in the store on Feb. 11 for just $12.99.
Amazon Prime members can get two dozen “whole trade” roses from Whole Foods for just $19.99 from February 7-14.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial (<– I get a tiny commission if you sign up for a free trial through my link.)
Get one dozen roses for $14.99 at Sprouts, or $19.99 at Dillons. Cash Saver in Haysville will have one dozen roses for $12.65 – no fillers, no greens – while they last.
None of these deals include a vase, so arrange them yourself in a vase you already own or present them to your love nicely wrapped with ribbon.
Not everyone loves roses, which is a bonus for the frugal, because tulip bouquets abound this time of year, and often cost less than roses.
“I like my Valentine like I like my doughnuts.”
Sweet, and hot. Spend $10 on gift cards for Krispy Kreme and you’ll get a free 3-pack of any doughnuts for FREE. Since they have some pretty Valentines Day decorated donuts this time of year, and because nearly everyone loves Krispy Kreme, this is one sweet Valentines Day deal.
“I like kissing up to you.”
Qdoba Mexican Eats in east Wichita wants to help you share the love with a BOGO deal. All you have to do is share a kiss to get the deal.
“Hey, grill. I want to heat you up.”
Fire up the grill and take advantage of all the sales on steak and lobster this week. Roast some lovely vegetables and you’ll have a much less expensive Valentine’s Dinner. Also, spice up the meal with a FREE 3 oz. bottle of hot sauce from Schlotzky’s on Tuesday, February 14.
“You raise me up…”
Party City has red foil heart balloons on sale right now for only .89 each when you buy a dozen. Plus, they’ll fill them with helium for you. Just think about what a statement that would make – especially if you carry a boom box with Josh Groban playing. 🙂 (No, not your phone. It has to be a boom box.)
Might I also recommend Ed Sheerin (Perfect), Adele (Make You Feel My Love), Michael Bolton (anything, pretty much), Eric Clapton (You Look Wonderful Tonight), and Blake Shelton (I Need My Girl)? Here are some more ideas:
“I’m not a sucker for Hallmark holidays, but I want to treat you anyway”
A cute little dinosaur Valentine is only $1.95 at Cocoa Dolce. And you don’t even have to go to the east side of town if you don’t want to. Cocoa Dolce has a new west side store in New Market Square. Incidentally, there’s a Hallmark store in New Market, so you could spring for a nice card for a few bucks if you want to.
“You look wonderful tonight”
Dress up and get out of the house for an evening of cocktails and music at Abode Venue on February 10. The event lets you celebrate with a special evening, but with an even more special price of only $15 at the door. (Only $10 if you purchase your tickets before the event.)
Lots MORE frugal Valentines Day deals for Wichita
We’ve found so many more romantic and inexpensive ways to celebrate Valentines Day this weekend or throughout next week. Check out these posts tagged with “Valentines Day” at Wichita on the Cheap!