The Tallgrass Film Center has a theatre and plays films all year long. Escape the hustle & bustle of the big cinemas and enjoy a fantastic movie-watching experience, just like your home theater – but better! Experience the great atmosphere, fantastic film selection, and friendly smiles at the Film Center. This is truly a hidden gem in ICT.
Nothing beats a night out at the movies, especially when it’s at the Tallgrass Film Center! Whether you’re a hardcore movie buff or a casual fan, you’ll surely enjoy the film-viewing experience there. So stop by and enjoy a movie!
More About The Tallgrass Film Center:
- Anyone is welcome to attend a film.
- They provide a full-servie concession stand with popcorn, candy, beer, hard seltzers, Pepsi soft drinks, and water.
- The Theater has 30 seats, 2K digital projection, and 5.1 digital sound.
- Where to park: The LUX, located in Downtown Wichita at 1st St. and Market (1st St. is a one-way street heading East, and Market is a one-way street heading North) has a variety of parking available. There is street parking available on both 1st St. and Market; street parking is free on weekends and after 5 pm on weekdays. Otherwise, it is free within 2 hours or 1-hour limits or metered depending on the spot (between 8a-5p Mon-Fri). There are also a couple of nearby parking lots that are okay to park in on weekends and evenings after 5pm.
- They recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior to a film’s start time so you have time to get your ticket, purchase concessions, find a seat, get comfy, and turn off your phone. We don’t have 30 minutes of trailers like at a larger theater.
The Film Center is Part of the Tallgrass headquarters. The goal of the Emily Bonavia Tallgrass Film Center is to bring its mission to life—providing a space for filmmakers to connect, learn, and showcase films year-round at 120 E. 1st. St. N (Unit 113).
The Tallgrass Film Center is a year-round theater playing films, and the Tallgrass Film Festival is a big event that takes place over 4 days in October. Tallgrass Film Association puts both on.
Become a Member and See Movies All Year:
- Make an impact while enjoying free movies, events, and exclusive discounts!
- Being a Member is an easy, affordable way to support our year-round mission while enjoying our Members-only benefits. As a Tallgrass Film Member, you’ll be a part of a growing family of film fans who are passionate about cinema and committed to supporting our nonprofit’s mission to entertain, educate and engage our community through film.
- Click HERE to learn about becoming a Member
More about Tallgrass Film Associaion:
The Tallgrass Film Festival in Wichita has been called one of the best “under-the-radar film festivals in America” and an “undiscovered gem” by national media. Filmmakers from around the world participate.
At the Lux where the headquarters and the Film Center are located, they have a FREE “Blockbuster” filled with movies. The Free Blockbuster is a place where people can leave movies so others can borrow them, like those Little Free Libraries where you can take or leave a book but for VHS tapes and DVDs (and anything else you want to share with your neighbors). Find out more here!
Tallgrass Film Association puts on cool events all year long. Visit the Tallgrass Film Association Website to see what they have going on.
Want to spend time with your closest 30 friends in a comfy setting? Join us for a private rental anytime of year! Reach out for any questions or available dates and check our public google calendar here to see when we are free! Tallgrass Public Calendar