Hometown Christmas in Rose Hill, KS is held the 2nd Saturday of each December. This year the date is set for December 8, 2018.
Experience old-fashioned family fun at this holiday event with activities for all ages all around town! All activities are FREE except for meals or unless otherwise noted.
There is going to be so much to do, including pictures with Santa, making gingerbread houses, hot cocoa, a parade of lights in the evening, and more!
Events will be happening at various locations around town. To help you get from one place to the next, they’ll have FREE party buses from noon until 4 p.m. that will stop at the following event locations:
Vendor Marketplace & Craft Show, Louis Rose Hill Café, Rose Hill Museum, Pleasant Center School, Rose Hill Public Library, Fountainview, Coffee with Friends, Health Connections and Rose Hill Bible Church.
(You can even just hop on board and ride all around town if you want to.)
Here are some of the fun they have planned throughout Rose Hill:
Rose Hill Recreation Commission RHRC
400 S. Rose Hill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Breakfast by Truly Amazing Catering 8-10 a.m.
– Pictures with Santa by Bev Leete (FREE prints!) from 8-11 a.m.
– Gingerbread House Construction – Rose Hill Girl Scouts
– Letters to Santa – Rose Hill Post Office
– Kid’s Ornament Station – RHHS Green Club
– Silent Auction
– Holiday Hustle Run at 9 a.m.
– Silent auction from 4-5:3o p.m.
– Taco Bar supper from 4-6 p.m.
Multi-Purpose Room (in the Rose Hill rec. center)
– Vendor Marketplace from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– Blessings Bag Donation Station from 9:30 a.m. until noon
– Rose Hill Recreation Commission open house from 9:30 a.m. to noon
Rose Hill Historical Society
106 N Main, PO Box 36, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Museum will be open with hot chocolate and s’mores from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– Blacksmith presentation
– Used coat/hat/mittens drive
– Family sleigh pictures ($7)
– FREE horse-drawn carriage rides from 1-4 p.m.
Rose Hill Public Library
306 N. Rose Hill Rd., P.O. Box 157, Rose Hill, KS 67133
– Story time with Elves at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Louis’ Rose Hill Cafe
107 S Rose Hill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Lunch special from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Pleasant Center School / 4-H Center
(on E. Berry Ave., looks like)
– Pictures with Santa by Buck Leonard from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
– North Pole petting zoo
– Craft station
– Free popcorn
Wee Rockets Child Development
109 S. Main, Rose Hill, KS
– Make & Take Ornaments from 1-4 p.m.
Coffee with Friends
1003 N Rosehill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Cookie decorating and hot cocoa from 2-3 p.m.
Parade of Lights
The evening Parade of Lights in Rose Hill is 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The route starts at School Street and continues to Rose Hill Road to Berry, to Main Street, and back to School Street.
Be sure to join in this holiday festival of fun at the Rose Hill Hometown Christmas!
For more information you can check out the group on Facebook.
Your guide to Wichita holidays on the cheap!
Special Holiday Events:
- Day-by-day guide to Christmas and holiday events in and near Wichita
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
- Where to Visit Santa around Wichita
- Christmas Craft Shows and Holiday Markets
- How to make the holidays special when you can't afford big presents
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas
- Find Unique Gifts at these Local Wichita Shops
- Great Local Gifts Under $20
- Wichita Christmas Light Displays
- Botanica Illuminations
- Fulton Valley Farms A Country Christmas
- Christmas Tree Farms