Hometown Christmas in Rose Hill, KS is held the 2nd Saturday of each December. This year the date is set for December 9, 2017.
Experience old-fashioned family fun at this holiday event with activities for all ages all around town! All activities are FREE except for meals or unless otherwise noted.
There is going to be so much to do, including pictures with Santa, making gingerbread houses, hot cocoa, a parade of lights in the evening, and more!
Events will be happening at various locations around town. To help you get from one place to the next, they’ll have FREE trolleys at the Rose Hill Recreation Center that will stop at all of the event locations. (You can even just hop on board and ride all around town if you want to.)
Here are some of the fun they have planned throughout Rose Hill:
Rose Hill Recreation Commission RHRC
400 S. Rose Hill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Breakfast by Truly Amazing Catering
– Pictures with Santa by Bev Leete (FREE prints!) from 8-11 a.m.
– Gingerbread House Construction – Rose Hill Girl Scouts
– Letters to Santa – Rose Hill Post Office
– Kid’s Ornament Station – RHHS Green Club
– Silent Auction
– Holiday Hustle Run
– Taco bar
Multi-Purpose Room (in the Rose Hill rec. center)
– Vendor Marketplace
– Blessings Bag Donation Station
– The Grinch who stole Christmas even, RHHS Kay Club
– Winter Camping Expo – Rose Hill Boy Scouts
Rose Hill Historical Society
106 N Main, PO Box 36, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Museum will be open with hot chocolate and s’mores
– Blacksmith presentation
– Used coat/hat/mittens drive
– Family sleigh pictures ($7)
– FREE horse-drawn carriage rides from 1-4 p.m.
Rose Hill Public Library
306 N. Rose Hill Rd., P.O. Box 157, Rose Hill, KS 67133
– Story time with Elves at 10am and 2pm.
Louis’ Rose Hill Cafe
107 S Rose Hill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Lunch special from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Coffee with Friends
1003 N Rosehill Rd, Rose Hill, Kansas 67133
– Cookie decorating and hot cocoa from 1-4 p.m.
Wee Rockets Child Development
109 S. Main, Rose Hill, KS
– Make & Take Ornaments from 1-4 p.m.
Pleasant Center School / 4-H Center
(on E. Berry Ave., looks like)
– Pictures with Santa (FREE, posted online only)
– Petting zoo
– Craft station
– Letters to Santa
The evening Parade and Parade of lights is 6:30pm-7:30pm. Be sure to join in this holiday festival of fun at the Rose Hill Hometown Christmas!
For more information you can check out the group on Facebook.
Here’s a map to help you find places if you’re not familiar with Rose Hill:
Related: Where to See Santa in Wichita