Your Riverfest button is your coupon at some of the best Wichita attractions and museums!
The Wichita River Festival 2018 will be held June 1-9. Riverfest is one of the best deals of the year with all the live music, events, and activities happening throughout the week.
Fireworks, a parade and an impressive lineup of live entertainment are only part of Wichita Riverfest. The event on the Arkansas River includes 10k River Run, family walk and the Wichita Symphony. Other features are cardboard boat regatta, car show, food vendors and marketplace. A button offers entry to all the events. Buttons are $10 for teens and adults and $5 for kids ages 6 to 12. Kids 5 and younger enter for free. Buttons are sold at the gate, and at participating businesses and the Wichita Festivals office, 444 E. William St.
But did you know that your button is like a wearable coupon for several of Wichita’s favorite attractions and museums? Keep reading to find out where and how to save during Riverfest this year.
The price of a button is $10. Riverfest child buttons for kids ages 6-12 are now $5. Kids 5 and younger get into the festival free.
Beginning May 5, pick up your $10 button at the usual places, like Dillons, Quik Trips, and AAA, as well as at various other locations around town. (I bought mine at the YMCA one year.)
Riverfest Button Discounts
Again this year, all of the Wichita River Festival concerts are FREE with your Riverfest button. Other fun Riverfest attractions, like the Wagonmasters’ River Tours, are also free with your button.
Along with access to the Wichita River Festival events and all the concerts, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon that gets you deals at many local museums and attractions around town.
Your Riverfest button is your coupon June 2-10, 2017
- Sedgwick County Zoo $2 off admission
- Botanica $2 off admission
- Exploration Place $5 admission to the museum and $2.50 tickets to Boeing Dome Theater
- The Kansas African American Museum FREE admission
- Kansas Aviation Museum $2 off tickets
- Mid-America All Indian Center $2 off admission
- Museum of World Treasures $2 off admission
- Old Cowtown Museum $2 off admission
- Wichita Toy Train Museum FREE admission
- Wichita Art Museum $2 off admission
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum Half-price admission Tuesday-Saturday; FREE admission on Sunday
Riverfest Concerts (FREE with button)
Riverfest concerts provide live musical entertainment all week long.
The complete concert schedule is in the Riverfest Guide you will get when you purchase the button. One of my favorite concerts every year is the Twilight Pops.
Riverfest Activities Included with Your Button
Sure, your Riverfest button gets you admission to the Wichita River Festival to do the big things like enjoy concerts, buy funnel cake, and get into the Blacktop Nationals Car Show, but it also grants you access to numerous other activities throughout the week that are FREE with your button. Your guide has a complete schedule, but here are a few I found that I think will be fun:
- Wagonmasters River Tours – Take a ride along the Arkansas River on the Admiral’s ship – located in Ackerman’s Backyard
- Cox Kids Corner – Inflatables, art & science projects, clowns, magicians, and more – located on the Hyatt lawn
- Laser Tag, located in Ackerman’s Backyard
- Paddle Boats, located at the Cox Kids Corner on the Hyatt lawn
For more information, visit WichitaRiverfest.com
What are your favorite Riverfest events?
Find more of Wichita’s favorite yearly events.