The 2019 Wichita River Festival is scheduled! In addition to getting you in to all the fun and activities, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon at several of Wichita’s favorite attractions throughout the week.
The Wichita River Festival 2019 will be held May 31 through June 8. Riverfest is one of the best deals of the year with all the live music, events, and activities happening all week long.
Fireworks, a parade and an impressive lineup of live entertainment are only part of Wichita Riverfest.
The event on the Arkansas River includes 10k River Run or family walk, daily activities for all ages, a food court, drink tent, and so much more.
A button offers entry to all the events. Buttons are normally $10 for teens and adults and $5 for kids ages 6 to 12. Kids 5 and younger enter for free. Buttons are sold at the gate, at participating local businesses, and at the Wichita Festivals office, 444 E. William St.
But did you know that your button is like a wearable coupon for several of Wichita’s favorite attractions and museums? Keep reading to find out where and how to save during Riverfest.
For the past several years, Wichita Festivals has offered an early-bird discount on the buttons. Stay tuned to see if they do it again in 2019! The regular price of a button is $10. Riverfest child buttons for kids ages 6-12 have been $5. Kids 5 and younger get into the festival free. That’s already a great deal considering you get a whole week of entertainment. But if you buy early, you pay even less.
Check out the early-bird discount on Riverfest buttons if you see this before the sale ends!
After the early-bird discount is over, pick up your $10 button at the usual places, like Dillons, Quik Trips, and AAA, as well as at various other locations around town. (I bought mine at the YMCA one year.)
Riverfest Button Discounts
Last year, all of the Wichita River Festival concerts were FREE with your Riverfest button. Other fun Riverfest attractions, like the Wagonmasters’ River Tours, were also free with your button.
Along with access to the Wichita River Festival events and all the concerts, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon that gets you deals at many local museums and attractions around town.
Your Riverfest button is your coupon May 31 through June 8! See the River Festival guide for more details. Discounts are subject to change from year to year, so just use this list as a guide.
- Sedgwick County Zoo admission discount
- Botanica admission discount
- Exploration Place admission discount and discounted movie at the Boeing Dome Theater
- Great Plains Transportation Museum admission discount
- The Kansas African American Museum FREE admission
- Kansas Aviation Museum admission discount
- Mid-America All Indian Center admission discount
- Museum of World Treasures admission discount
- Old Cowtown Museum admission discount
- Wichita Toy Train Museum FREE admission
- Wichita Art Museum admission discount
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum admission discount
Riverfest Concerts (normally FREE with button)
Riverfest concerts provide live musical entertainment all week long.
The complete concert schedule is in the Riverfest Guide you will get when you purchase the button. (One of my favorite concerts every year is the Twilight Pops.) But here’s a list of the acts lined up for this year.
All of these concerts are normally included in the price of your button:
- 2019 Wichita Riverfest concert lineup TBA
Riverfest Activities Included with Your Button
Sure, your Riverfest button gets you admission to the Wichita River Festival to do the big things like enjoy concerts, buy funnel cake, and get into the Blacktop Nationals Car Show, but it also grants you access to numerous other activities throughout the week that are FREE with your button.
Your guide has a complete schedule, but here are a few ongoing events that I think will be fun:
- Ackerman’s Backyard – Be entertained by circus performers and fire dancers, watch the activity on the river, play oversized games, and more
- Wagonmasters River Tours – Take a ride along the Arkansas River on the Admiral’s ship – located in Ackerman’s Backyard
- Cox Kids Corner – Inflatables, art & science projects, clowns, magicians, and more – located on the Hyatt lawn
- Crate Escape – An escape room experience, located in Ackerman’s Backyard and free with your button
- Paddle Boats located at the Cox Kids Corner on the Hyatt lawn
- Kidfest is free this year with your Riverfest button!
For more information, visit WichitaRiverfest.com
What are your favorite Riverfest events?
Find more of Wichita’s favorite yearly events.