The Great Plains Transportation Museum will be holding another Kansas Railfest this September. This one-of-a-kind event celebrates the history of railroads in Kansas and beyond. They will have lots of activities for the whole family.
About Kansas Railfest 2023:
- The day will be filled with fun from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission is $10 for ages 13 and older, $5 for ages 7-12 and kids 6 and under are FREE.
- Featuring music, food, vendors, raffles, rides, scavenger hunts, activities for young and old, and of course – TRAINS!
- This year we will have a special locomotive display from the Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad with a demonstration.
- Railfest will be held on Saturday, September 16, 2023.
About Great Plains Transportation Museum:
The Great Plains Transportation Museum (GPTM) displays a wide assortment of railroad equipment.
Our two largest displays are Santa Fe steam locomotive #3768 and Santa Fe FP45 diesel #93.
These locomotives are unique in our collection in that they represent the last class of passenger locomotives that were built for the Santa Fe in their respective eras.
Indoor exhibits include railroad prints, signs, lanterns, tools, and other artifacts including a mock-up mechanical stoker used for training steam locomotive personnel. We invite you to visit the Great Plains Transportation Museum to learn more about these and many other historical pieces and displays.
The third weekend in September is a big one for events in Wichita. Be sure to check out our Events Calendar to see what else is happening!
For more information and updates, check out the Kansas Railfest website.
Date: September 16, 2023
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Great Plains Transportation Museum, 700 East Douglas, 67202 Wichita, Kansas
Cost: $10 for ages 13 and older, $5 for ages 7-12 and kids 6 and under are FREE.