The Kansas Grown Farmers Market will open for the 2021 season on February 27 at the 21st and Ridge location. The market will be held weekly on Saturday mornings from 7 a.m. to noon, with the first hour of shopping reserved for elderly, immune-compromised customers and for frontline essential workers who need to shop before or directly after their shift.
Find more Farmers Markets in the Wichita Area
Kansas Grown Market Locations
Kansas Grown operates three Wichita-area farmers markets:
- The Kansas Grown Farmers Market at 21st and Ridge will be open weekly through October.
- The Derby farmers market is scheduled to be open from May to September, also on Saturday mornings, from 8 a.m. to noon.
- The newest Kansas Grown farmers market at Union Station is scheduled for Wednesday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. from May to early September.
Be sure to read up on these nutritional assistance programs that are available at the Kansas Grown and other Kansas farmers markets:
Safety precautions at the Kansas Grown Farmers Market
Organizers say they will be following state guidelines and have additional measures of protection in place, including social distancing, masks and gloves, a hand washing station, hand sanitizers throughout the market, and the suspension of sampling. Plenty of distance between vendor booths allow for recommended social distancing.
Many market vendors are also taking pre-orders so that you can get in and out of the market quickly. Visit the Kansas Grown Farmers Market website here for a list of vendors.
Here are some other things you need to know for safe shopping at the Kansas Grown Farmers Market on Saturday:
- Do not go to the market if you are sick.
- The first hour of shopping (7 a.m. to 8 a.m.) is reserved for elderly or immune-compromised customers.
- Arrive with a shopping list or an idea of what you’re looking for
- Let the vendors help. Don’t touch any items you have not purchased or plan to purchase.
- Allow at least six feet distance from others while shopping or waiting in line.
- Market tokens will be available for purchase and Double Up Food Bucks will still be available.
The Old Town Farmers Market is another popular Saturday morning market, which is usually open from April to October each year.
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Sunday, July 25, 2021
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Friday, July 30, 2021
Saturday, July 31, 2021
Sunday, August 1, 2021
Saturday, August 7, 2021
Sunday, August 8, 2021
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Saturday, August 21, 2021
Wichita, KS 67205