Saving money at the box office can be as tricky as a suspense thriller…or full of laughs like a comedy. However, here are 8 ways you can be a superstar saver at the box office.
Related article: Where to see movies on the cheap in Wichita
Even those who must see a film on opening weekend can still save a few bucks. The key is to plan ahead and be flexible. You should never have to pay full-price at the box office or concession stand, so we’re sharing our money-saving tricks with you.
Here are our tips for blockbuster savings at Regal Cinemas:
- Regal Crown Club. As a member, with every purchase, earn points toward FREE tickets, popcorn and soda, as well as movie merchandise. Plus, members get 25% off candy every Monday and 50% off popcorn every Tuesday. Membership is FREE.
- Download the Regal app for a monthly digital coupon good for a combo discount.
- Value Days. This discount is a definite blockbuster because it includes new releases — a rarity with most box office promos. The discount and day(s) vary by market, with ticket prices as low as $5. In many cases, it’s the lowest ticket price offered by the chain.
- Value Days Concession Specials. The discount doesn’t just stop at the box office on Value Days. Many participating locations also offer discounted concession items, including $2 hot dogs and $3 nachos.
- Free Large Refills. Regal Cinemas offers a FREE refill (during the same visit) on a large popcorn. It’s a smart move for budget-conscious families or friends. Why pay for two or three small popcorns, when you can share one for less money? The offer also includes a FREE refill on large sodas, but sharing is bit more complicated.
- AARP Special. It pays to be older at Regal Cinemas. AARP members can save $3 on a small drink and small popcorn combo — around 25% off. Just flash your AARP membership card at the concession stand.
- Matinee Discounts. If you didn’t already know, matinee showtimes (usually before 5 p.m.) are always cheaper than evening shows — usually by $2 or $3. Plus, as an added bonus, there are fewer patrons, so it can be a much more quiet, relaxing experience.
- Senior/Student/Military Discounts. These are not the best discounts, but, if there aren’t better savings available, you can always rely on these good ol’ stand-bys. The discounted tickets are usually just a buck or two off regular prices. (Restrictions may apply.) Of course, a proper ID is required for any of the discounts.
Now, you’re ready to write the script on how to save money at the movies — just remember to combine deals for superstar savings. For example, check out a flick on a Tuesday afternoon for matinee pricing. Of course, swipe your Regal Crown Club at the box office and also get 50% off any popcorn. It’s even better because both transactions will earn points toward freebies.
Copyright Living on the Cheap. The post 8 superstar ways to save at Regal Cinemas appeared first on Living On The Cheap.
Linda Martin says
Have tried numerous times to get account. No luck. Keeps asking same questions over and over.
I’m not sure why that would happen! I was able to sign up on my computer (I didn’t try it from my phone.)
One problem I noticed with the link in my article was that I didn’t have it set to go to the NEW signup page. Let me see if I can fix that, and then maybe it will work for you. (Hopefully!)