Haysville, KS will kick off the holiday season with Village Christmas – a festive event that includes a tree lighting, photos with Santa, warm food, fun activities, live music, a vendor market, and more.
Village Christmas is scheduled for December 4, and the festivities begin at 4 p.m. with a soup & chili feed and silent auction. The Christmas tree lighting ceremony is at 5:30 p.m.
Admission is FREE for the event, although although you’ll want to bring money for food and shopping.
This year grab bags will be for sale near the train display at the library; $3 each or two for $5. Each bag includes fun, seasonal toys and candy. Some bags contain gift cards. Only ONE bag contains the Grand Prize of a $50 Visa Gift Card.
Here’s the event schedule for the Village Christmas celebration:
- Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Soup & Chili feed $7 per person (Cash only) There’s a discount for children under 12.
- Silent Auction; bidding ends promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- 5 p.m.
- Christmas Hometown Market
- Blacksmith demonstrations and shop
- Electronic train display (at the library)
- Quilting demonstration
- Hot cider and Christmas stories (at the library)
- Visit with The Grinch (library)
- Horse-drawn carriage rides (meet in front of the library)
- 5:30 p.m.
- Haysville Tree Lighting in PRIDE Park
- Following the tree lighting ceremony:
- Pictures with Santa at the Wire House (new location!)
- Kids crafts and refreshments at the Community Building
- Christmas carols sung by Nelson & Rex students at the Gazebo
- Live music by the 37 Mile Band at the Library at 6 p.m.
According to the Village Christmas flyer, events may close early based on weather, attendance, and supplies. For more information, visit the Haysville-KS website here.
Date: December 4, 2021
Time: 4 p.m. to about 8 p.m.
Location: W.W. Hays Village Historic Park, 200 S. Main St. in Haysville, Kansas
Cost: FREE admission; food and other items available for purchase.