Derby Recreation Commission, Derby Public Library, and Julie Olmsted Insurance are hosting Christmas in the Park in Derby, Kansas this December!
It looks like it will be a fun time, with lots of activities for family and friends.
The fun day will include horse-drawn carriage rides, Santa’s Village, Breakfast with Santa at Derby Rec and more!
Most of the activities will happen in Derby’s Madison Avenue Central Park, but Breakfast with Santa is at the Derby Rec Center from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. $7 tickets include a breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage links as well as pictures with Santa. Food is provided by Riverside Cafe Derby.
There is also a $25 fee for the Gingerbread decorating activity and you need to register for that in advance.
All other activities at Derby’s hometown Christmas event are FREE and you do not need to register in advance.
Here’s an overview of the schedule for that day, but be sure to follow the Derby Rec Center’s Facebook event for updates and/or possible changes.
Derby Christmas in the Park Event Schedule
- Holiday themed inflatables 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Christmas crafts and stories 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Miniature train displays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Petting Zoo 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 5-7 p.m.
- Carolers 10 – 11:30 a.m. and Noon – 1 p.m.
- Food trucks 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Gingerbread house decorating contest (sign up here) 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Pictures with Santa 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and again at 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Reindeer 2-6 p.m.
- Escape room 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Clydesdale-drawn carriage rides 4-7 p.m.
Parking for Christmas in the Park
A shuttle will run from Derby Middle School stadium parking lot to Madison Avenue Central Park between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.