Derby Recreation Commission, Derby Public Library, and Julie Olmsted Insurance are hosting Christmas in the Park in Derby, Kansas this December!
It looks like it will be a fun time, with lots of activities for family and friends.
The fun day will include horse-drawn carriage rides, Santa’s Village, Breakfast with Santa at Derby Rec and more!
Most of the activities will happen in Derby’s Madison Avenue Central Park, but Breakfast and Photos with Santa is at the Derby Rec Center from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. $7 tickets include a breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage links as well as pictures with Santa. Food is provided by Riverside Cafe Derby.
All other activities at Derby’s hometown Christmas event are FREE and you do not need to register in advance.
Here’s an overview of the schedule for that day, but be sure to follow the Derby Rec Center’s Facebook event for updates and/or possible changes.
Derby Christmas in the Park Event Schedule
- Breakfast and Photos with Santa 9-11 a.m.
- Holiday themed inflatables 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Barrel Train 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Christmas crafts, stories, trains, letters to Santa 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Food trucks 12 – 6 p.m.
- Photos with Santa 12-2:30 p.m.
- Tanganyika animals 1-5 p.m.
- Face painting and Photos with Santa 3-6 p.m.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides 3-6 p.m.
Parking for Christmas in the Park
A shuttle will run from Derby Middle School stadium parking lot to Madison Avenue Central Park between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.
Derby, KS 67037
Derby, KS 67037