Every Wednesday starting July 1, at Great Plains Nature Center there will be a different adventure, exploring animals, plants, and the amazing nature in Kansas.
Activities will vary between hikes, animal programs, and various nature activities.
Don’t want to miss out on all the free deals? We don’t want you to either. Join over 9,000 other locals and subscribe to our FREE newsletter for the latest daily deals. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends!
Adventure time will be outside as much as possible, weather permitting.
The adventure begins at 10 a.m. July 1, and will happen every Wednesday until August.
This is available for ages 7+. Adults do not have to accompany the child during activities, but they MUST stay at the Great Plains Nature Center.
This event is FREE, and there is no registration required.
Meet up outside in front of the main entrance of the Great Plains Nature Center.
Each week has a different adventure in store:
- 7/1 Frog Calls
- Learn to identify common frogs and toads just using your ears. See our toad education ambassador in person, learn safe ways to catch them, and see if you can find some frogs and toads at our wetland!
- 7/8 Microhabitats
- Discover tiny worlds using magnifying glasses! See what critters live in different types of habitats. Magnifying glasses provided.
- 7/15 Snake Hike
- Take a hike! One of GPNC snake education ambassadors will join the adventure too. Make observations about the snake and see if you can find places in the park that would be the best habitat for his species.
- 7/22 Birdwatching
- Look for birds! Listen and see what birds are hanging around in the park with a naturalist to help you identify them. Binoculars provided.
- 7/29 Nature Journaling with the Virginia Opossum
- Create your own nature journal and then try it out using the opossum education ambassador to practice your observations! Materials provided, bring your own drawing utensils if you would like.
Weekly on Wednesday @ 10:00 am (July 1, 2020 - August 12, 2020)
Wichita, KS 67220-2200