Dancing in Paradise owner Steve Trent opened his dance studio and dance club in south Wichita to give everyone – from beginners to advanced – a place to enjoy all styles of dancing and a wide variety of music. Each week, people who love to dance meet at the studio on South Hydraulic for an inexpensive evening of dancing on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights.
On Saturday and Sunday nights, there’s a live band. Friday night’s DJ’d dance is great for beginners, because there’s a line dance lesson at 7 p.m.
Friday nights: $5 Paradise DJ plays your favorites, line-dancing lesson from 7-8 p.m., dancing from 8-11 p.m.
Saturday nights: $10 LIVE bands and dancing from 8-11 p.m.! Type of music and dancing varies depending on the band. (See full schedule below.)
Sunday evenings: $5 Live music from the Honky Tonk Time Band and dancing from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Classic country, oldies, and new favorites.
Tuesday nights: $5/$7 Paradise hosts the Spinnin’ Boots Line Dance Club from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. It’s three hours of modern line dancing. The cost is $5 for members of the club and $7 for non-members.
Dancing in Paradise sells pop at the bar for $1 each.
The dance club is at 2841 S. Hydraulic and is open Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. For more information, visit the Dancing in Paradise website or call Steve at (316) 871-9202.
Saturday night dance/band schedule at Dancing in Paradise:
All Saturday night events are 8-11 p.m. and $10 admission unless otherwise noted. Schedule is subject to change.
- 12/3 Fly By Night (70s & 80s dance music)
- 12/10 The Benders (50s & 60s dance oldies)
- 12/17 The Matt Engels Band (country)
- 12/24 Closed on Christmas Eve
- 12/31 New Year’s Eve blowout with The Boomers (8 p.m. to 1 a.m., $35/$40)
- 1/7 Crosstown Traffic Band (classic rock dance music)
- 1/14 Whiskey River Band (country)
- 1/21 Triple Play Band (variety dance music)
- 1/28 The Matt Engels Band (country)
- 2/4 Misfire Band (variety dance music)
- 2/11 The Benders (50s & 60s dance oldies)
- 2/18 The Boomer Band (variety dance music)
- 2/25 Mardi Gras Party with DJ Wayne Stewart ($10 admission)
- 3/4 Whiskey River Band (country)
- 3/11 The Deja Vu Band (60s, 70s, & 80s dance music)
- 3/18 The Matt Engels Band (country)
- 3/25 Crosstown Traffic Band (classic rock dance music)
- 4/1 The Boomer Band (variety dance music)
- 4/8 The Benders (50s & 60s dance oldies)
- 4/15 Whiskey River Band (country)
- 4/22 Misfire Band (variety dance music)
- 4/29 Fly By Night (70s & 80s dance music)