Wichita’s annual Veteran’s Day parade is scheduled for November 11, 2023. It’s one of the events in Wichita our family hardly ever misses. Keep reading to find the route and where to go to find all of the fun and events after the parade!
Veterans Day is on November 11th so make sure to put this on your calendar.
We also have information on about numerous Veterans Day freebies and discounts in the Wichita area.
2023 Wichita, KS Veterans Day Parade Downtown
The theme for this year’s parade is “Freedom’s Patriots – Celebrating Patriotism and the Veterans Who Have Shown Us What Patriotism Means.” The parade will begin at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, November 11th, in downtown Wichita.
Take note! The parade route has changed a bit for this year. Read below so you’ll know where to stand or set up your chairs.
Parade Route for the 2023 Veterans Day Parade:
The parade will start on Main Street between Murcock and Central. It will proceed down Main to First Street, then turn right (aka west), then go down First Street to McLean Boulevard, then end at Exploration Place.
- Ending at Exploration Place is new to this year. The cool thing is that Exploration Place will be open to the Public and will offer FREE admission for Veterans and their families on Nov. 11th.
If you are interested in being in the parade, here is the form below.
Parade Deals and More Info:
- 7:30 am – 10 am Young Marines Pancake and Sausage Breakfast
- The Sedgwick County Registrar of Deeds will be processing DD Form 214s to put on file for veterans and their families. They will also be issuing veteran ID cards. These IDs can be used to prove veteran status to enter Exploration Place for free on the 11th.
- Inside Exploration Place, different organizations will be set up with displays to provide information to the public.
- At the post-parade celebration outside Eplortiaon Place, there will be a stage for guest speakers & entertainment.
- There will be food trucks.
- A car show and kids activities.
- City trolleys will provide free transportation to Veterans Memorial Park and the parade starting area to get you back to your vehicles if you park nearby.
The Veterans Day parade is organized by Wichita JROTC groups and sponsored by local businesses.
Wichita Veterans Day Parade Details
Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Start on Main St in between Murcock and Central. It will go down Min to First Street, turn right/west, go down First to McLean, and end at Exploration Place.