Nothing goes better with sports than comfort food and a cold beverage. This handy guide lists some of the most popular sports bars in Wichita as well as several new establishments.
Whether you play angry with the Shockers, bleed Jayhawk blue, roar like a Wildcat, or win like a boss with the Chiefs, these restaurants offer high-definition entertainment, relaxation, and food or drink specials.
Don’t settle for watching the game on your tiny smartphone or tablet – live it with fans like you in one of Wichita’s own sports bars!
In support of local businesses, we gathered a list of the hottest sports bars that were born and bred in the ICT.
The Home Team – Wichita’s College Sports Grill
- Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes Where better to watch the Shockers than on campus at Wichita State University? Located in the lower level of Rhatigan Student Center, it’s no surprise they offer gameday specials on brews and food, and two huge screens to watch everyone’s favorite team. In the off season, take advantage of the very reasonably priced billiards and bowling.
- Address: 1845 Fairmount, Box 56
- Phone: (316) 978-3479
The Greats – Wichita’s Veteran Sports Bars
1. Emerson Biggins – With a convenient downtown location, this sports bar and grill is a go-to for families and casual fans. Daily specials include half price burgers on Tuesdays, Small one-topping pizza for $5 on Thursdays and almost all drinks on special on Fridays.
- Address: 808 E. Douglas Ave.
- Phone: West – (316) 866-2577; Downtown – (316) 303-9800
2. Heroes – As “Old Town’s Original Sports Bar and Grill,” Heroes offers a wide variety of appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches and pizza. Fans can view the big game from 33 TVs and three big projection screens. A heated outdoor patio is also available. Specials include BOGO burgers on Thursdays as well as 69¢ Tacos and $2 Margaritas from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Fridays.
- Address: 117 N. Mosley
- Phone: (316) 264-4376
3. River City Brewing Co. – Located in the heart of Old Town, River City Brewing Co. is Wichita’s only downtown brewpub. In addition to its hand-crafted microbrews and seasonal beers, River City specializes in hamburgers, pizza, sirloin, ribeye and five varieties of mac and cheese. Fans will be able to view the game on several TVs throughout this wood-paneled sports bar. Check with River City for a list of food and drink specials.
- Address: 150 N. Mosley St.
- Phone: (316) 263-2739
The Underdogs – Meet Wichita’s Freshman Sports Bars
Actually, these guys were rookies when this article was first written years ago, but not anymore!
1. Deano’s – This Cambridge Market sports bar boasts 23 beers on tap to enjoy while watching the game on 23 TVs. Food options include sausages, original hamburger combinations and artisan oven pizzas. During basketball season, Deano’s is also home for live broadcasts of Wichita’s State’s men’s and women’s coaches shows each Monday on NewsRadio 1330 KNSS. For show information and a list of broadcast dates, click here.
- Address: 9747 E. 21st St. N. Suite 101
- Phone: (316) 977-7107
2. The Hill – College Hill’s newest sports bar is a great place to watch your favorite team play on 20 different TVs and one projection screen. Thirsty fans will appreciate their extensive list of over 200 craft beer bottle selections. If you visit on an empty stomach, Give the Hill burger or street tacos a try. Check with the Hill for a list of food and drink specials.
- Address: 4800 E. Douglas
- Phone: (316) 201-1190
3. Wichita Brewing Company – One of ICT’s
newest most famous brewpubs, it features eight flat screen TVs for instant entertainment. Be sure to order a slice of WBC’s made from scratch, wood-fired pizza. Calzones, salads and sandwiches are also available. Daily specials include a lunch discount and happy hour from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 10 p.m. – 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays .
- Address: 8815 W. 13th St.
- Phone: (316) 440-2885