Senior Wednesdays in Wichita are fun, informative, and low-cost activities offered in collaboration with various local venues. These events include a nice variety of activities for people 55 and up.
There are generally two Senior Wednesday events each week, one at 10 a.m. and another at 1:30 p.m. The schedule may change at times, so double-check with the venue or at the Senior Wednesday website before you head out.
Wichita Art Museum, 1400 W. Museum Blvd.
10:30 a.m. (doors open at 10:00 a.m.)
(316) 268-4921 | http://www.wichitaartmuseum.org
WATER Center, 101 E. Pawnee, in Herman Hill Park
(316) 350-3386 | http://www.wichita.gov
Sedgwick County Zoo, 5555 Zoo Blvd.
(316) 266-8213 | http://www.scz.org
$4 programming fee
Wichita Advanced Learning Library, 711 W. 2nd. St. N.
(316) 261-8500 | http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us
Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University, 1845 N. Fairmount
(316) 978-3664 | http://ulrich.wichita.edu
The Kansas African American Museum, 601 N. Water St.
(316) 262-7651 | http://www.tkaamuseum.org
Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main St.
10 a.m. (doors open at 9:30 a.m.)
(316) 265-9314 | http://www.wichitahistory.org
$2 programming fee
Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd.
(316) 660-0600 | http://www.exploration.org
$4 programming fee plus tax
Great Plains Nature Center, 6232 E. 29th St. N.
10:00 a.m. light refreshments; 10:30 a.m. program begins
(316) 683-5499 | http://www.gpnc.org
Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 Museum Blvd.
(316) 350-3323 | http://www.oldcowtown.org
$2 programming fee plus tax
For more information, visit the Senior Wednesdays website.
Stephanie E Miller says
Love,love,love this site. Thanks!
I’m so glad, Stephanie! Thanks for the encouraging words!