Prairie Lavender Farm will be hosting their eleventh annual Lavender Festival this June! This aromatic event will be held at the Prairie Lavender Farm on Saturday, June 15 in Bennington, Kansas.
Admission to the Lavender Festival, which will go from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. that day, is $5 per person. Kids 5 and younger get in free.
Bennington is about an hour and half north of Wichita. If you’ve got friends in Topeka, Manhattan, Junction City, etc. then invite them to meet you at the lavender festival! It’s about the same drive for them. (And if they live in Salina, they’re practically there already. 🙂 )
The festival will be packed with activities, including demonstrations, farm tours, children’s activities, and live music. Food, wine, and other lavender-themed products will be available for purchase. You’ll also be able to pick your own lavender and purchase live lavender plants for your garden at home.
Some of the fragrant activities will include:
- Farm Tours
- Lavender Plant Sales by Morford Lavender farm
- Live Music
- Artists from ‘Plein Aire’ Painters
- Lavender accented food items prepared by Chef Vangie Henry of Applemint Catering, including lavender ice cream, lavender lemonade, and other delicious treats
- Prairie Fire Winery & Vineyard Wine Tastings
- Children’s Activities
- U-Pick Lavender (priced per bundle)
Be sure to bring a friend and a camera.
Date: Saturday, June 15, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Prairie Lavender Farm, 69 Alpine Ridge Ln, Bennington, Kansas 67422
For more information, visit their Facebook page.