Horrorfest 2019 is a month full of classic horror films and Halloween flicks on the cheap at the Regal Warren Old Town Theater.
Wichita Big Screen, with the help of World Studios ICT, is bringing Horrorfest back to the Old Town Warren for the ninth year. The annual movie festival’s future was uncertain last year, but it’s happening and according to Horrorfest organizer Leif Jonker, tickets are selling faster than ever.
Related: Movie Discounts in Wichita
“Tickets are going faster this year than any previous year, so everyone who really wants to attend will want to get their tickets as soon as possible.”
The theater will be showing a different scary movie each week. Many of the films that will be shown are brand new 4K restorations.
This year they were able to get Poltergeist and The Lost Boys, which Jonker says have been two of the most requested movies the last 8 years and will likely sell out.
His movie, Darkness, which was made in Wichita and released in 1992, will also be part of the festival. He’s remastering that film for a BluRay release as well.
Tickets for Horrorfest films are only $5 plus tax for each single movie, or $10 plus tax for each double feature.
Single movies show at 7 p.m. and again at 10 p.m. Double features begin at 7 p.m. and include a 10-minute intermission between movies.
See the full schedule below…
Horrorfest 2019 Movie Schedule
Don’t wait too long to purchase your tickets for these Horrorfest shows. Some of them WILL sell out, and very quickly! Proceeds and donations from Old Town Horrorfest benefit Lifeline Animal Placement and Protection (LAPP).
- Tuesday, October 1 Poltergeist at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Monday, October 7 (double feature) Christine and Maximum Overdrive at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 8 Lost Boys at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Monday, October 14 Darkness (a movie made in Wichita!) at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 15 Dario Argento’s Deep Red at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Monday, October 21 Candyman at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 22 John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Monday, October 28 (double feature) Piranha and Humanoids from the Deep at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 29 John Carpenter’s The Fog at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
For more information or to stay updated on any schedule changes/additions, you can join the Wichita Big Screen group on Facebook.
Thanks to reader Holly for making sure I heard about the Wichita Big Screen Horrorfest.
Other 2019 Scary Movie ScreeningsFree or cheap things to do this week in Wichita
More Wichita Movie Discounts
- See Movies on the Cheap in Wichita
- 8 Superstar Ways to Save at Regal Cinemas
- Ways to Save at Wichita's Northrock 14 AMC Theater
- $5 Ticket Tuesdays at AMC Theater in Wichita
- $5 Movies on Wednesday at Old Town Warren Theater