You are invited to help pack up donated items to send to deployed troops this Christmas. NCRI’S 6th Annual KFDI Christmas in a Box Packing Event will be held on November 10, 2017. You can help by donating items or helping pack boxes and addressing them to send overseas.
If you choose to volunteer, you’ll be packing boxes of Christmas decorations, snacks, toiletries, entertainment items and cards for our troops serving overseas during the holiday.
You can also donate. Postage costs $16.75 per box, so monetary donations are appreciated. Other suggested donation items include:
1. Snack items – microwave popcorn, pop tarts, cracker packs, ramen, granola/energy bars, trail mix.
2. Beef Jerky
3. Toothpaste / Toothbrushes / Floss
4. Baby wipes
5. Toiletries – deodorant, shampoo, bodywash, lotion, razors, nail files, baby powder (travel size items)
6. Christmas decorations – small in size, ornaments, stockings, lights
7. Hard candy (non chocolate) & Gum
8. Drink mixes & flavored coffee (no k cups)
9. Cards & Letters
They’ll be set up at NCRI from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cider and donuts will be served for volunteers. Anyone who donates will be entered into NCRI’S raffle for prizes.
Questions? Contact Michelle or Katy (316) 636-5700.
Date: November 10, 2017
Time: 10:00 am – 04:00 pm
Location: NCRI – National Catastrophe Restoration Inc. located at 8447 E. 35th St N. Wichita, KS 67226
For more information, visit the KFDI website here.