More information is a good thing. This press release from the library just came in today with dates, times, and locations for FREE assistance for those who need help navigating the new Health Insurance Marketplace website that was established by the U.S. government as part of the Affordable Care Act:
Oct. 4 – The Wichita Public Library and Hunter Health Clinic are partnering to provide free information and computer lab assistance for residents who want to register for and learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace.
On October 1, the Health Insurance Marketplace, a component of the federal health care law known as the Affordable Care Act, began open enrollment. Coverage starts Jan. 1, 2014. The Health Insurance Marketplace website, www.healthCare.gov, is the primary information tool for the marketplace.
Six library locations will host free sessions in which a navigator from Hunter Health Clinic will provide a brief overview and answer questions. Library technical training staff will be available to help with computer use or access to www.healthcare.gov. Computers will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the sessions.
- Central Library, 223 S. Main (Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2-4 p.m.; Tuesday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m.-Noon; and Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2-4 p.m.)
- Alford Library, 3447 S. Meridian (Monday, Dec. 9, 6-7:45 p.m.)
- Angelou Library, 3051 E. 21st St. (Friday, Nov. 8, 2-4 p.m.)
- Evergreen Library, 2601 N. Arkansas (Monday, Oct. 28, 2-4 p.m.)
- Rockwell Library, 5939 E. 9th St. (Monday, Oct. 14, 2-4 p.m.)
- Westlink Library, 8515 Bekemeyer (Thursday, Oct. 24, 2-4 p.m.)
Accommodations for those with special needs are available. Residents may request assistance at (316) 261-8500 a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the event. Seating is limited.