Good news! If you are a Wichita resident who receives your water bill from Wichita Water Utilities, you may be eligible for a rebate on the purchase of qualifying water-saving appliances or devices. The rebate is offered on a first-come, first-served basis to all active water customers.
The 2018 City of Wichita rebate program began Feb. 1, according to a press release issued by the city. The program provides financial incentives for residents who conserve water.
Rebates are available to customers who have active accounts with the Public Works & Utilities for the delivery of potable water. The application and submittal instructions are available at Wichita.gov. Customers are encouraged to contact the Water Conservation office at (316) 268-8351 or email WaterRebate@wichita.gov for more information.
To qualify for the rebate, Wichita residents submit an application to the city for approved water-saving devices or appliances that they’ve purchased in the current year – up to a limit of 5 rebated items per water customer. Rebates are available only until each year’s budget is exhausted.
Applications can be picked up at the Environmental Health building at 1900 E. 9th Street North, or online at wichita.gov.
A list of qualifying brands and model numbers are available at www.savewichitawater.com, along with the application you’ll need to fill out to request the rebates. Rebates may not exceed the purchase price of qualifying items.
Do bring the printout with you when you’re shopping so that you can be sure you’re buying a qualifying appliance. Here are the general guidelines:
Eligible for Up to $100 Rebate
- Low flow Toilets: WaterSense qualified using 1.28 gallons per flush or less
- Low flow Urinals: WaterSense qualified using 0.5 gallons per flush or less
- High Efficiency Dishwashers: Energy Star or Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE)
- High Efficiency Clothes Washers: Water Factor of 4.5 gallons or less (CEE rated)
- Smart Irrigation Controllers: Labeled as approved by WaterSense©
- Rain Sensor-Shutoffs: Set to shut off irrigation after ¼-inch of rain is received
Eligible for Up to $75 Rebate
- Rain Barrels: 45 gallons or larger.
Eligible for Up to $50 Rebate
- Dual Flush Toilet Conversion Kits: Change inefficient toilets to using 1.6 gals. per flush or less
This marks the sixth straight year of the program. To date, rebates totaling $1,030,294 have been approved for more than 10,000 water-saving devices, for an estimated total water savings of 243 million gallons. The program has provided rebates for 2,185 washing machines, 2,555 dishwashers, 3,657 toilets, 29 dual flush valve kits, 157 smart irrigation controllers, 104 rain sensor shutoffs and 1,370 rain barrels.
For more information, please visit www.wichita.gov or email WaterRebate@wichita.gov or contact the Water Conservation office (268-8351).