Okay, this looks amazing. It’s for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. If you know someone who would like this, share it with them and let them know their application is due by March 1st.
Check out all the details they submitted below:
Newman University STEM Exploration Program
Free Two Hours Of College Credit!
The Newman STEM Exploration Program is designed for high school students to explore and investigate the possibility of a career in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field. Over an 8 week period students can earn two hours of college credit upon successful completion of the program. Each participant will:
- Attain hands-on experience conducting faculty-led STEM laboratory experiments and activities
- Perform group and individual analysis of experiments
- Learn from college faculty through engaging demonstrations
- Engage with guest speakers from a variety of STEM-related fields to discuss the career opportunities possible with a STEM education
- Experience college life as an authentic Newman University student including the privileges of a student ID
- Again, earn two hours of college credit with a pass/fail grade upon successful completion of the program
Newman University is proud to have the generous support of Evergy as sponsors of the 2021 Newman STEM Exploration Program.
8 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 5:30 PM starting March 9th and ending on May 6th.
State-of-the-art Bishop Gerber Science Center located on the Newman University campus in Wichita, KS.
Who can apply?
Any high school sophomore, junior, or senior who has completed at least one high school science and math course. Consideration may be given to freshmen.
You do not have to be committed to a STEM-related career to attend NSEP.
How to apply:
- Complete this online application for program admission: Newman STEM Exploration Program APPLICATION
- Email a copy of your high school transcript to email@example.com
Completed applications will be reviewed as they are received and spots will be filled on a first-come-first serve basis. Due to COVID social distancing requirements, limited spots available!
All application materials must be received no later than March 1, 2021!
When: March 9, 2021
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Where: Newman University
For More Information: http://www.newmanu.edu/nsep
Wichita, KS 67213