Okay, this looks amazing. It’s for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. If you know someone who would like this, share it with them and let them know their application is due no later than February 16, 2022.
Check out all the details they submitted below:
Newman University STEM Exploration Program
Free Two Hours Of College Credit!
The Newman STEM Exploration Program is designed to encourage high school students, especially first generation and low-income students, to explore and investigate the possibility of a career in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field. Over an 8 week period students can earn two hours of college credit upon successful completion of the program. Each participant will:
- Earn 2 hours of free college credit with a pass/fail grade upon successful completion of the program
- Attain hands-on experience conducting faculty-led STEM laboratory experiments and activities
- Perform group and individual analysis of experiments
- Learn from college faculty through engaging demonstrations
- Engage with guest speakers from a variety of STEM-related fields to discuss the career opportunities possible with a STEM education
- Experience college life as an authentic Newman University student including the privileges of a student ID
Newman University is proud to have the generous support of Evergy as sponsors of the 2021 Newman STEM Exploration Program.
8 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 5:30 PM starting March 1 and ending on Thursday, April 28 (Program will not meet March 15 & 17 for Spring Break)
State-of-the-art Bishop Gerber Science Center located on the Newman University campus: 3100 W McCormick St; Wichita, KS 67213
Who can apply?
Any high school sophomore, junior, or senior who has completed at least one high school science and math course. Consideration may be given to high achieving freshmen high school students.
You do not have to be committed to a STEM-related career to attend NSEP.
How to apply:
- Complete this online application for program admission: Newman STEM Exploration Program APPLICATION
Completed applications will be reviewed as they are received and spots will be filled on a first-come-first serve basis. Limited spots available!
All application materials must be received no later than February 16, 2022!
When: Begins March 1, 2022
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Where: Newman University
For More Information: http://www.newmanu.edu/nsep