One of my favorite free events in Wichita every year is back for fall in 2020. Bring blankets and lawn chairs and enjoy the FREE Wichita Ballet in the Park again this year!
The Wichita Ballet will perform a re-imagined production of Sleeping Beauty at various parks in and around Wichita.
This is a wonderful experience and very family-friendly! The performances only last about 45 minutes and are usually followed by a meet and greet with company dancers. This year, however, the dancers will be performing with masks. Please wear your own masks as well, and set chairs or blankets in a way that allows you to maintain social distancing.
You have several FREE Ballet in the Park performances from which to choose:
Fall Ballet in the Park performances
- Saturday, September 12 at 2 p.m. at the Capitol Federal Amphitheater, 1607 E. Central in Andover
- Saturday, September 12 at 6:30 p.m. at Forest Park, 900 N. Taylor St. in El Dorado
- Sunday, September 13 at 1 p.m. at Wilson Park, 701 S. Summit Street in Ark City
- Sunday, September 13 at 6:30 p.m. at Riggs Park, 706 Sarah Lane in Haysville, KS
- Saturday, September 19 at 1 p.m. at Duerkson Amphitheater, 201 N. Hillside at Wichita State University in Wichita
- Sunday, September 20 at 2 p.m. at Maize City Park, 401 S. Khedive in Maize, KS
You’ll want to bring your blankets and lawn chairs (and costumes and tutus!), and arrive early to get a good spot. Food trucks may be on site for some Ballet in the Park performances.
Ballet in the Park is a FREE event for all ages! Share it with your friends!
To get updates on these free Ballet in the Park events and notifications of any weather-related changes, follow Ballet Wichita’s event page on Facebook.
Wilson Park-Ark City