Brickyard in Old Town is such a fun venue for outdoor concerts and other events. It’s got a cool courtyard vibe, surrounded by brick walls and open to the air above. A colorful mural adorns one side of the space, and trees and a covered pavilion provides some shade for those sunny Kansas days. The Brickyard has a stage for bands to perform, an outdoor bar and outside seating, and a restaurant (Public at the Brickyard) on one side.
My first experience with the Brickyard was during the Blues Crawl in Wichita – which I highly recommend if they bring that event back – and I loved the atmosphere and the band. I could have stayed there all evening but it’s called a crawl, so we explored some of the other excellent Old Town venues too. But the Brickyard was perfect on that gorgeous spring evening. I’m not sure what they do when it rains.
Apparently you can even rent the Brickyard for your own events. See the Brickyard’s website for better photos of the space.
If you can’t swing the rental fee, just show up when your favorite local musicians are on stage.
Live Music at the Brickyard
The Brickyard is keeping the live music alive on their “tiny stage,” otherwise known as the more intimate gathering on public patio. With the chilly weather on it’s way out, the Brickyard will transition from the heated patio setting including what the Brickyard is calling “chill vibes” with “new winter cocktails” and “amazing music.” Music is live at 8 p.m., unless noted.
Who’s playing at the Brickyard?
- Friday, April 22 — Earth Day Show with Sir Charles III & the Collective
- Saturday, April 23 — The Echos
- Cancelled due to weather
Thursday, May 5 — TNL: Vehicles — Season Adrift — Daikini
- Friday, May 6 — A Band in Kansas
- Saturday, May 7 — Kyle Kilgore’s Birthday Celebration
- Thursday, May 12 — TNL: Ghost Town Strays & Localities ICT
- Friday, May 13 at 6 p.m. — Uche and the Crash w/ Andrew Holmes
- Saturday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. — Live & Unplugged at The Brickyard
- Thursday, May 19 — For the Birds & MJ12
- Friday, May 20 — The Travel Guide + Milkwave + glass age
- Saturday, May 21 at 6 p.m. — Cardinal Lane w/ Fox Royale & Kid Computer
- Thursday, May 26 — My Own Funeral w/ Funeral Singer & Hour/glass
- Friday, May 27 — Nostalgia
Future performances coming to the Brickyard:
- Thursday, June 2 — Matt O’Ree Band at Brickyard
- Thursday, July 21 at 7 p.m. — MG Bailey plays The Brickyard
Most of these events do have a $5 or more cover; it’s 21+ only starting at 8:30 p.m. Be sure to check Brickyard’s event listings page on Facebook for more info.
[sc name=”entertainment-deals-in-wichita” ]